What's new

Trouble deleting photos from iPhone 5

Tammy C

Reaction score
I accidentally syned my entire photo album (+2000 photos) to my iphone 5. Albums were created that can't be deleted, because they were from iTunes, and not created from my iPhone. I can't delete them from the phone, and I can't figure out how to delete them from within iTunes, if that makes any sense. All I know, is now I have a ton of pictures on my iPhone that I don't want!

Second question: (if you don't mind)...one artist on iTunes is not syncing all the albums to my iPhone. They used to be on my iPhone 4, then disappeared during a sync one day. Album covers of various artists also disappeared at the same time. Now with the iPhone 5, the cover art came back, but not this one artist's albums are all there. Any ideas? And please spell it out for me, as I am new to using iTunes. By the way, the albums that are missing from my iPhone, play fine on iTunes.

Running iTunes on MacBook Pro.

Tammy C said:
I accidentally syned my entire photo album (+2000 photos) to my iphone 5. Albums were created that can't be deleted, because they were from iTunes, and not created from my iPhone. I can't delete them from the phone, and I can't figure out how to delete them from within iTunes, if that makes any sense. All I know, is now I have a ton of pictures on my iPhone that I don't want!

Second question: (if you don't mind)...one artist on iTunes is not syncing all the albums to my iPhone. They used to be on my iPhone 4, then disappeared during a sync one day. Album covers of various artists also disappeared at the same time. Now with the iPhone 5, the cover art came back, but not this one artist's albums are all there. Any ideas? And please spell it out for me, as I am new to using iTunes. By the way, the albums that are missing from my iPhone, play fine on iTunes.

Running iTunes on MacBook Pro.

Go back into iTunes. Select an empty folder, and sync again. That should clear the iPhone of photographs.

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

To permanently delete photo on iPhone,you can use a iPhone data eraser,there are some iPhone data eraser software in the market, but few can be completely and permanently delete the data on iPhone, even if data has been cleared, some professional iPhone data recovery software can recover them later.
Please read this use guide about how to Permanently Erase iPhone Photo Before Selling your iPhone.So no one can get you personal information and data from iPhone,after you sell, donate or give it away.