What's new

tried to power iPhone 4 down- and then power back on. Phone will not turn on.

Candace

Reaction score
Hi-

I have an iPhone 4. Not jailbroken and updated with 6.0. The phone was buggy and slow- so I went to power it down- by holding the Home button and top On/Off button. It powered down and I saw the apple logo. However, it didn't power back on. I tried to press the 2 buttons again- at the same time and held for 20 more seconds- and it still won't power on.

I have plugged it into the wall- it just seems dead. I've connected it to my laptop (PC) and iTunes- and it's not powering on at all- or recognizing the phone even being plugged in via USB.
Do you think this might be a battery issue? Should I leave it plugged in the wall? I know it's not dead- because it was charging for about an hour while eating dinner a little bit ago.

Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately it doesn't have a back up. Except for whatever synced to the cloud last night. I'd like to restore- but when I plug it into my laptop- it's not even recognizing it in iTunes. It's acting as if nothing is plugged in.

Well in case anyone cares (LOL) I took my phone to Apple and they replaced it. They think the phone may have somehow shorted itself out. Thank goodness for Apple Care! This is my 3rd iPhone in less than 3 years (yikes!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk