What's new

transferring music to iphone4

joshua.fryer

Reaction score
So when my 2yr upgrade rolls around the iPhone 5 will have been out for a bit and I will most likely get it.

However before I do I have a question. I heard from a coworker that the iPhone 4 corrupts any music files transferred to it that were not purchased from the itunes store. I torrent my music (cuz let's be honest, who has the money to pay for it) and want to be sure it will play on my iPhone once I get it..

The guy who said that sounded full of *moderated for profanity* but I just want to be sure, wouldn't wanna buy a 32 gig phone and not be able to put any music on it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Who has money to pay for music? So I should work hard to make my songs, put the on the market to sell and earn something from it and while you wanting to listen to my song all the time you are not capable of paying $0.99 for it from the iTunes store??? *moderated for profanity* where are you from?

Last edited by a moderator:
Watch the profanity both of you. Quick answer. No iTunes doesn't corrupt media. The media has to be already corrupt in order for that to happen.

16. Discussion of pirated or cracked applications and any methods associated with enabling their use, such as posting app or repository names, is forbidden on this forum. This also includes discussion of illegally obtaining media such as music, movies, games, or other copyrighted content.
Piracy is illegal and the staff of iPhoneForums.net neither condone nor support it in any way.

Last edited:
If you don't have the money to buy music why not use a free alternative for streaming music such as Spotify or Pandora? There are legal alternatives to free listening.

Jmills87 said:
If you don't have the money to buy music why not use a free alternative for streaming music such as Spotify or Pandora? There are legal alternatives to free listening.

+1. My thoughts exactly.

In some instances you can't listen to spotify or pandora. Such as a genre of music I listen to: Gogo. There is basically two ways to get it. Be at the concert or buy a burnt cd from a small supporting vendor in the dc/Md/VA area. ITunes doesn't sell it, pandora has some of the older bands like rare essence trouble funk chuck brown and the soul searchers and finally the northeast groovers but this form of music isn't widely spread so I can relate. Truthfully though I won't support any gold tooth, maybach music artist ever. 