What's new

Transferring data from iPhone 5 to flash drive

Gembird

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to transfer data, photos, etc., directly onto iflash drive without having to go through the computer/iTunes route?

As far as I know, you can't. I've never gotten a flash drive to work directly on an iPhone or iPad. I have the USB connector, but it doesn't work on flash drives, at least not for me.

Yes, that's possible. You need an USB flash drive for iDevices. There are quite a few of them. I'm using a Leef iBridge, e.g. You have to install the Leef app, connect the device to your iPad or iPhone, and it's possible to transfer images and files to or from the USB flash drive.

Don't think so. But check the App Store. Here is one app that may work like you want. Check out the description of it. Photos below. Hope this helps. Browsing the App Store was the way I found this app. It's what I would recommend doing. I typed in "wireless data transfer" into the search area in the App Store. Again, hope this helps. Good day.
IMG_1360.jpg

It may take some use of needed cables or specific adapter for USB drive. But I won't say it's impossible. Just may have a rough time doing it the way you want. Not truly sure. But searching the App Store won't hurt that is for sure. Hope you find a resolve. I am sure there is someone or some app that will do what you want. Just have to do some leg work to find it. Or I am totally wrong. But I at least try. Again, good day!! And good luck finding a solution.

There's no cable necessary when you use an USB flash drive created for iDevices.
It can be connected to the charging port of your iPhone, as well as to the usual USB ports on a computer.
IMG_0451.JPG

Leef

Last edited:
You guys have had better luck than me. I have the official USB to lightning adapter and it says something like "this device not supported" or something like that. It's always something. I have never ever gotten a USB anything to work with my iPad or iPhone.

I have just purchased a SanDisk Wireless Memory stick and downloaded the software from the App Store onto my IPhone now any wireless network in your home you can connect between the SanDisk and your phone,allowing you full access to all your photos, files and music on your phone and then if you wish you can transfer all these files onto a computer. It is a very easy and simple method of transferring your data and it also works in reverse you can transfer from the SanDisk back to your phone. The software allows you to create files and folders just like on a computer and you can name them and transfer them,it is very easy to use. The full name of the SanDisk is A SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick obtainable on EBay from 32GB to 200GB. Hope this has helped have fun.