What's new

transfering video to other iPhone

tape

Reaction score
Daughter has iPhone 4, as do I, but on completely different plans & networks. Currently we have been sharing videos via messaging, but the quality, of course, stinks when viewed on computer. How would I upload a video to iCloud and how could she access it?

If I may, you might want to consider a more universal approach to the problem.

DropBox ( App Store - Dropbox ) is an app that works across just about every platform out there. IE you both have the app logged on to the same free account. And then you can also install the software on an Android phone, Macintosh or Windows PC. That means as your needs change, the same software and account moves with you to each device.

Skull One,
But doesn't Drop Box work for devices on same network only? Would I be able to create a new 'sharing' apple account that my kids & I can log on to and share that way?

Dropbox is pure "in the cloud storage" and is accessible from any computer or device as long as you have Internet access - you just have to set it up correctly. There are many ways to share, to include:

1) Everyone be on the same account. Make it the family account and anyone can access it from a computer or mobile device with the same password.

2) Sharing a link with anyone from the Public folder of your personal Dropbox account (the Public folder is there automatically f]with every new account). After you've put the file in the Public folder, just copy/paste a link to it into your text, e-mail, etc. The person you send the link to can

3) You can "share" a folder with someone else within your personal Dropbox account. Once everyone has access, you all can put stuff in the folder. Then, any of the authorized "sharers" can go into that folder. Do note that this is like "read/write" access for this folder, as anyone can add to, edit or delete a file in the folder.

Whether you make a personal Dropbox account (and link or share folders) or create one for the whole family, viewing it is separate from the computer. All the computer program is doing is creating a link to the folder. To use Dropbox, it oes not matter if your phone is hooked up to the same WiFi/LAN as your PC. They are separate.

Dropbox is very handy and very versatile in helping you move stuff around and share with family.

Hope some of this clarifies.

Marilyn

Daughter has iPhone 4, as do I, but on completely different plans & networks. Currently we have been sharing videos via messaging, but the quality, of course, stinks when viewed on computer. How would I upload a video to iCloud and how could she access it?
If you upload the video from your iphone to icloud, then you can also download it from icloud with the same Apple account, so I mean your daughter can download the video from icloud to her iphone with your Apple account on her iphone.

Mickey330 & konlao--thank you for your input. I am feeling confident that i can set up a better video sharing plan now.