What's new

Transfering photos to iphone

mike1

Reaction score
Can someone tell me how I can transfer photos from my pc to my iphone 6? I'm fairly certain it's done in itunes, but not sure about the proceedure. Thanks.

Haven't done it lately but selecting the images on your PC and dragging them onto your phone on iTunes sidebar should do it.

I'll give this a try later when I can get near my computer. As far as I remember, filetypes have to be compatible and so do filenames.

Anything that is not compatible will attempt to transfer but will appear broken on the phone.

I'll report back when I've tried it out.

Well, that was a flat bust. Drag and drop doesn't do a thing.

However, This screenshot from iTunes on my Mac seems to have the answer.

Just select the folder where the photographs are held on your PC and check the sync box. I'd do a backup of the iPhone and transfer any photographs already on the phone first in case syncing wipes out what's already there. I never use auto sync on iTunes. I prefer to control what's happening.

Screen Shot 2016-10-17 at 8.49.34 PM.png

Just select the folder where the photographs are held on your PC and check the sync box. I'd do a backup of the iPhone and transfer any photographs already on the phone first in case syncing wipes out what's already there. I never use auto sync on iTunes. I prefer to control what's happening.

View attachment 28479

View attachment 28479
Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Try Photosync app - paid
Or you can try Copy my data app

The latter is free and works for photos and videos only. Does not work for contacts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Copy my Data also transfers contacts and calendar entries. The app only works with Android and iOS devices.

I was also apprehensive in the first place as I had switched from Blackberry. I transferred around 10,000 photos to iphone from my memory card thru iTune. Create one folder and copy all photos in this folder and sync thru iTune. It's very fast. Only precaution you have to take that don't delete any photo from this folder else next time when you attach iphone, it would be deleted.

View attachment 28479
OK I'm a bit confused, first I connect my iphone, click the sync tab then I select the "copy photos from" tab, then select the folder which has the photo I want to transfer to my phone. But when I select the folder there is nothing there. Note: this particular photo is a PNG ext.

I'm pretty sure PNG is not one of the filetypes that iOS will deal with. If the folder is looking empty, it's likely that iOS is only going to show images that will transfer. That's probably limited to jpg, although there may be others.

EDIT: Since you are only looking at transferring one image, you could email it to yourself and save it on the iPhone. That should change the file type to one that Camera Roll can use.

Good point, I'll try that.
OK good to go. I don't do this very often, but seems there would be a quicker-easier way. Thanks for suggestion.

Last edited: