What's new

Transfer Photos to a PC

abredt

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4s and want to transfer photos on my phone to a PC - not a MAC.

How do I do that?
Can I do it to a PC that does not have any iTunes programs installed?

Thanks, CB

BTW - can I also do the reverse to put photos on my iPhone?
cb

Unfortunately your device in My Computer is read-only, meaning you cannot import media through My Computer. Media by default has to be transferred over using iTunes or utilities that utilize the Apple driver connection towards your device. Otherwise, you'll have to use cloud services like DropBox, Google Drive and such to import the photos to your phone after hosting them from your computer.

Dropbox is on all my devices...Its easy to have access to all my photos etc no matter which device is handy at the time...

Bob G

That's very interesting.
I have an Android phone, an Android tablet, plus desktop and laptop PCs. No Apple devices. The iPhone 4s with the photos is actually not mine.

I am considering an iPhone 5s when my phone contract expires.
I would appreciate any posts with pros and cons.
Thanks, cb

That's very interesting.
I have an Android phone, an Android tablet, plus desktop and laptop PCs. No Apple devices. The iPhone 4s with the photos is actually not mine.

I am considering an iPhone 5s when my phone contract expires.
I would appreciate any posts with pros and cons.
Thanks, cb
Both are fine, abredt. I've used both types over the years and still have a couple of iPhones in use. However, my Galaxy S4 is the best, in my opinion. Much easier to work with on a PC and not having to use iTunes is a major plus for me. The smaller screen on the iPhone is another minus -- and I'll bet the next major revision of the iPhone will have a larger screen. Nevertheless, the Apple products are very quality devices. It's just a matter of personal preferences.