What's new

Tram Tracker Melbourne Australia

Col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Most discussions about apps are us based however I want to share with you a fantastic free app that is available on iTunes Australia site.
You may ask why, keep in mind we have many Australian members but also large numbers of Australian visitors not to mention many visitors that will be visiting Australia and maybe Melbourne throughout the year.

I live in Queensland some 1900k from Melbourne. My partner and I decided to visit Melbourne and stay in the bay suburb St Kilda this January.
Melbourne is a city of some 5 million people and has a major tram network.
As it is one of the easiest methods of getting around it was our choice to use it.
I found out a iPhone app called "Tram Tracker" was available for free.

This is without question one of the most amazing apps I have used while traveling. Every tram is equipped with gps and the app takes advantage of it.
Some features are:

To find stops: Favourites, Browse by Route, Nearby, Search by name/suburb, Most Recent, Enter ID
Scheduled Departures with exact times next and all trams due at your stop
Onboard View - offers real time view of stops and times.
Filtering based on route number and low floor trams
Displays disruption and special event messages
Low floor and air conditioning indicator
Route-based stop lists on a built-in route map

I can see other countries whom have trams looking at this application as it without question offers a simple and effective way to use transport in cities.
Have a look at the links below.
http://tramtracker.yarratrams.com.au/iphone/

Trams-6059785.jpg

Cheers Colin

Last edited:
Its a very clever idea. We have somthing similar here in Edinburgh for busses. Taking the car to Edinburgh is not always a good idea. It's great for timing your self to leave wherever you've been knowing almost exactly when the next bus is due. Specially during the snowy the winter when timetables are rendered useless...

Is anyone else having this problem with tram tracker? When I select the tram favourite, normally the App gives you the number of minutes until the next tram. after about one month,it began to display "NOW" instead of the number of minutes.

I have deleted and reinstalled the App a number of times but the error prevails.

Just recently,my iPad has started showing the same problem, after working perfectly for months. Again, instead of minutes, allI gets "NOW"

Any ideas anyone?

Rod

I used in Jan on a iPhone 3GS no problem at all try rebooting phone off button home until apple white logo appears

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

My tram tracker is doing the same thing only displaying NOW!!! And only since I uploaded the new software! Any idea how to fix???