What's new

TOTAL NOOB!!! Just bought a bootleg iPhone 4

mersyone

Reaction score
Hey guyz! Am looking forward to interacting with other iPhone fanatics here. First timer here!

Okay, so... I've NEVER owned an iPhone before ...EVER, ...until NOW!
I just bought a bootleg iPhone 4 off the streets (dirt cheap might I add)

The guy said it's already jailbroken. Everything seems to be working fine and functional. But what advice would you guys give me?

I am thinking I should RESET TO FACTORY SETTING but then I read around here that you lose the jailbroken unlock.

Any advice would help.

Hey guyz! Am looking forward to interacting with other iPhone fanatics here. First timer here!

The guy said it's already jailbroken. Everything seems to be working fine and functional. But what advice would you guys give me?

I am thinking I should RESET TO FACTORY SETTING but then I read around here that you lose the jailbroken unlock.

Any advice would help.

what the h..l is a bootleg iphone?

Any advice would help.

what the h..l is a bootleg iphone?

Just means it was purchased from street vendors. Many of them sell stolen or fake products as real ones. Common in some parts of NY....

Ahh well.... How much did you pay for it? Go to the apple or AT&T store get you a real one. They really are worth the money.

Is this the one you ended up with?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUT39op2Pp8&sns=em[/ame]

Last edited:
sounds like its stolen/lost/found

if it works with the sim card you have now...leave it alone until you become more familliar with your new handheld computer superphone

Ahh well.... How much did you pay for it? Go to the apple or AT&T store get you a real one. They really are worth the money.

YouTube - Airphone 4 Review (Fake iPhone 4)

Pretty much. The only difference is it DOESN'T SAY "Air Phone" on the back and it DOESN'T SAY "Phone 4". It actually says "iPhone 4". So it's one STEP-AHEAD from this video.

I paid $260 for it from CANAL street.

I found out it was fake once I tried to open up the battery/ back. The screws, aren't screws at all but just things that look like screws.

...f&%$.

Fake iPhone Canal street, fake iPhone 4 Canal Street New York, bootleg iPhones Canal, Bought fake iPhone4 Canal

Last edited:

YouTube - Airphone 4 Review (Fake iPhone 4)

Pretty much. The only difference is it DOESN'T SAY "Air Phone" on the back and it DOESN'T SAY "Phone 4". It actually says "iPhone 4". So it's one STEP-AHEAD from this video.

I paid $260 for it from CANAL street.

I found out it was fake once I tried to open up the battery/ back. The screws, aren't screws at all but just things that look like screws.

...f&%$.

Well just sell it on eBay as a fake... You can prolly get $100 or so back.... I've been duped too... But once you have the real thing you can spot a fake a mile away......

Take a picture so we can make sure its 100% fake just in case or go into the setting and go to the setting that says ABOUT and tell us what the technical stuff is!!!

Honestly $260 is more than the cost of the phone in the store, in store 16 gb is $200 for new line and upgrade!

Hey guys just wanted to let you know I made a small video about this whole fake iPhone 4 mishap and uploaded it on YouTube. Check it out!

VIDEO: FAKE IPHONE 4 VS REAL I PHONE 4:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s453MoRSdrA]YouTube - Fake iPhone 4 vs The Real iPhone 4[/ame]