What's new

Total Noob

tyj989

Reaction score
Hello all. Recent purchaser of a an unlocked/jailbroken iPhone 3gs on ios 5.01. I am using it on T-mobile. Love it, BUT having issues with wifi which I have posted in the IOS section. I would be eternally grateful if I could find some help here as it doesn't seem to exist elsewhere. Many thanks in advance!

tyj989 said:
Hello all. Recent purchaser of a an unlocked/jailbroken iPhone 3gs on ios 5.01. I am using it on T-mobile. Love it, BUT having issues with wifi which I have posted in the IOS section. I would be eternally grateful if I could find some help here as it doesn't seem to exist elsewhere. Many thanks in advance!

What is your problem with wifi?

(I also hope you know that you should get iFaith, dump blobs, and build an IPSW...and save it somewhere safe...that way if you have to restore, you can use that IPSW, stay on an untethered jailbroken firmware, and still keep your unlock)

Never ever restore to a stock "not custom" IPSW it must always be a custom IPSW, or you will lose your unlock.

And please delete your old post...or a mod will...no double posting here.

Any way...what's the wifi problem?

The wifi signal is extremely weak. I have to be no more than 10 feet away from a router for the network to be recognized on my iphone. I've read that this is a major problem with unlocked ios 5.01 3gs. Is there a Cydia tweak or something that I can download to fix?

tyj989 said:
The wifi signal is extremely weak. I have to be no more than 10 feet away from a router for the network to be recognized on my iphone. I've read that this is a major problem with unlocked ios 5.01 3gs. Is there a Cydia tweak or something that I can download to fix?

I don't know...but i too have a very weak wifi signal...but it is only because I am using my neighbors wifi.

I downloaded an app from Cydia called WiFiFoFum. It seems to help my phone stay connected.

Maybe also try to reset your router. Perhaps it's your router and not your phone?

Thanks for the tips. I have reset the router and downloaded the recommended tweak. May have increased reception like 1 foot with cydia tweak lol. Could this be an antenna issue? Or some other hardware related problem I could take in for repair? It's kind of ridiculous to have this powerful device but it essentially being incapable of wifi reception.