What's new

Too hot to use

rarebreed

Reaction score
Hey all , recently by me it's been over 100 degree farenheit , and I'm not allowed to bring my phone into work building so I leave it in my car and , I went out on my break 2 days ago and my 4s had an exlamation point and says iPhone needs to cool down before you can use it . So I cranked the ac and got it cooled down , felt like an idiot and now I'm wondering if I did any long term damage to the batt or anything else.

You could have potentially did damage to your battery...because that is what the heat damages....the battery.

And trust me...you will know if any bad damage was done because your battery will start draining much father the usual.

In which case, you can buy a new battery..they are cheap(as long as you don't buy it from Apple) and extremely easy to replace. No technical skill required. Just male sure to watch a YouTube video on it...and be sure to wear latex gloves as you don't want to get oil from your skin on the connectors.

I recommend you buy that batter from iFixit.com.

But you cannot...under no circumstances leave your iPhone out in your car in the sun...you just can't.

Take it into work...and make sure it is shut off to avoid conflict.

Should you happen to get coughs with your phone...as long as it is off..and your not actually using it at the time...I'm sure they will understand if you explain why you cannot leave your phone in your car.

Yah I felt like a complete idiot but so far I have not noticed a bad change in battery .. Yet lol . Won't be doing that again thanks for the advice on the battery i might just do that in the future.

$image-1758973265.jpg

:(

My phone overheated nearly two years ago and has been fine ever since.

The above advice is good, very good, and should be followed, but electronics always have two ranges of temperature, storage and operating.

That's why it shuts down. It automatically puts itself into the storage range, so although you might have damaged it, you may yet get away with it.

Generally if your device gets so hot it won't function...all ya need to do is cool it down to use it.

It when it gets overheated numerous times is when damage to the battery is imminent.