Does iPhone X get too hot?

Discussion in 'iPhone X' started by MarkRiPhoneX, Mar 17, 2018.

1. MarkRiPhoneX

MarkRiPhoneX New Member

I just purchased an iPhone X. My phone gets pretty hot ... when using it and especially when wirelessly charging it. My car ('17 Camry) has a built-in QI charger. But, the iPhone X gets hot enough to cause my car's charger to get an error (shutting down the charging). I know that it is the physical temperature of the phone because if I cool off the phone for a few minutes (using the car's AC), and turn the car off/on (to clear the error), the phone charges again fine (until it gets too hot again).

Anybody else have this problem? I can exchange this new iPhone for another iPhone X (if I act fast). What are the chances that I would have the same problem again?

Thanks, Mark

P.S. I have an iPhone 8 Plus as well... and that phone does not get hot and has no problem getting charged by the QI car charger.

2. J. A.

J. A. Super Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

My iPhone X doesn‘t have any problems at all when it‘s charging. This shouldn‘t happen with your device. It‘s possible that there‘s a problem with the hardware. Take it to Apple, they can tell you exactly what‘s causing your issue.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. EyesOpen1111

EyesOpen1111 New Member

I have experienced my iPhone X getting too hot, but not so recently, so make sure you have the latest software update. The best fix that I’ve found when over-heating happens is to simply turn off your phone until the back cools down and then to restart it. Another trick is to check your location settings, because some programs will have your GPS working too much, which will heat the phone.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Scottysize

Scottysize Well-Known Member

My iPhone sits on Qi chargers. One on my desk, one in my car, and one by my bed. No heat.

• Like Like x 2
  5. BlueZilla_ms3

BlueZilla_ms3 Member

None here, gets a little warm playing war robots on the charger but I wouldn’t say hot

• Like Like x 2
  6. zstairlessone

zstairlessone Well-Known Member

Even using my USB-C charger from <50% mine doesn't get hot. It will warm up a little but not nearly as much as my 5S

• Like Like x 2