What's new

TomTom car kit question

sport 2000 dan

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have a question to those that are using the TomTom car kit/cradle.
I would like to buy one of these and i know the issues regarding the fitment of the iphone 4 but my question is that when the phone is docked into the cradle do you have to use the speaker in the unit or can you still use the Bluetooth connection in the car if you have one fitted??

I am wondering that if the phone detects that is is physicaly connected to something then it will default to this connection?

Many thanks in advance,
Dan.

I guess nobody has tried connecting thier phone to a car or headset via bluetooth when the phone os docked into a Tom Tom kit then???

Hi All,
I think i have just found the answer to my own question after downloading the user manual for the car kit. It seems that you connect to the car kit via Bluetooth and not via the connector at the bottom of the phone, therefore i guess if you pair it with your Bluetooth ear piece or car and not to the car kit then you dont have to use the TomTom speaker.

(No idea why they would do this when you are physicaly connecting the phone to the cradle, but its a good thing for me)

Regards,
Dan

You are alone answering your own questions lol yes it uses blue tooth to connect to the speaker system i use a parrot intergrated system which has direct connect however when in window car mount as gps I use Bluetooth I do not have the tom-tom kit as all it provides other than a mount is the gps extender
Cheers col