What's new

Otterbox Defender & Car Holder

skid31252

Reaction score
Hi All I have just joined the iphone forum.

I have been having problems finding a car holder for the otterbox defender that you do not have to keep plugging the charger in and out.
There is one on the market called a slip grip car holder this is in fact the same as the belt holder but incorporates an arm and suction pad for fixing onto the windscreen. I have come up with an answer but its a little expensive.
You need to buy a Brodit Active Holder (Ser No 521165) Ensure you get this one as unklike the rest with this one you can alter the width of the sides. As the charging cover on the otterbox swivels foward it can still fit.
The only trouble you may have is when you first get the Brodit the charger may not connect properly, just push it up into the cradle a little and add a little super glue to the sides (only a little) you will then find that the holder grips the phone and powers it and you do not have to keep disconnecting it every time, it just slots into the holder and charges.
Hope this helps someone, if you need any more info just ask.

Do you have any pictures? I'm curious to see what it looks like.

Attachments

• $512IclDV7wL.jpg
    $512IclDV7wL.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 1,091
Last edited:
Personally don't feel like to put a case on my phone. Manufacturers makes phones thinner and portable, why do we add something and make it bulky?