What's new

Tmobile unlock trouble!!! Plz help!

nas

Reaction score
I just bought an iphone 4 with 4.0.1, it came jailbroken with cydia/rock, I cut my sim card to fit the micro sim, I went on cydia to download the TMOBILE carrier bundle and then got this error message- /var/cache/apt/aarchives/tmobile-us-carrier_1.0_iphoneos-arm.deb
subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 1, and i still have the no sim sign. PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!! I CUT MY SIM SO NOW I DONT HAVE A REGULAR PHONE AND NOW THE IPHONE IS GRACING ME WITH PROBLEMS!!!

cant you just go to a tmobile store and tell them you lost your sim and get a new one for free?

the sim isnt the problem the cydia program to make tmobile work is NOT working on my phone

unless of course i cut the sim the wrong way so i will go to tmobile and try that out!

yeah but I'd much rather have my iphone 4 working than my chitty blackberry haha

The T-Mobile standard sim card in the UK is slightly different in shape to the other sim cards from other carriers. I mean the gold bit, not the actual plastic.

When I got my iPhone 4 I cut my T-Mobile sim card but found it virtually impossible not to hit the gold bit on the card. The sim just wouldn't work with my phone.

I had to go down to the T-Mobile shop and get a proper micro sim. It will cost you £10 though.

thanks for the input, i just went to the tmobile store to get a new sim, US doesnt have micro sim for tmobile, but the new sim card i got has a significantly smaller gold bit on it so im hoping this will work! thanks

ok i got the new sim downloaded ultrasnow and still it isnt working???? can i reset the phone to factory settings without updating it?? i think i just want to start from scratch