What's new

Tiny email font

DaveM

Reaction score
I'm using the native email app. Ever since the update to iOS 10 (am current on 10.0.2) when an email comes in the font is so tiny that it's unreadable. I can use the two-finger spread to enlarge it, but that's like enlarging a photo - all of the rest of the print is "outside" of the screen area. What I need is for the font size to be large enough to read comfortably, but to auto-wrap so that all I have to do is scroll through the email. I hope I'm making sense. It never used to be like this before this last major iOS update.

I may have found my own answer. I was searching the Internet for possible solutions and found a thread where it was suggested to force quit the email app, then open it again. When I did, the font for the emails was back to normal. We'll see if it holds.

I may have found my own answer. I was searching the Internet for possible solutions and found a thread where it was suggested to force quit the email app, then open it again. When I did, the font for the emails was back to normal. We'll see if it holds.
Thanks for posting your solution, it may help others with the same issue.

Of course you can also resize font size in Settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Of course you can also resize font size in Settings.

No, this isn't about setting normal font sizes. The email fonts were tiny tiny tiny. There's no setting that would have made a significant difference. And I didn't want to change the size of font in other standard apps. This was a different kind of problem.

Was just reading the list of improvements and fixes in the iOS 10.1 update and came across the following:

"Fixes an issue that caused certain Mail messages to be reformatted with very small text"

Guess that should be the end of that problem. :cool: