What's new

Print capability

8B25350A-D7DF-43C2-BBB9-5D4608F3DEC8.png
[/URL][/IMG] Was this placed on my iPhone by Apple, Google, Epson, or whom? I don't think it was Epson...

Bring up the bottom pane
IMG_1493419878.500682.jpg

And tap air drop to unhighlight it

Well, that's not the window I'm referring to but let's come back to that in a minute.

When I pull up the pane you're showing here, it isn't like mine. For starters, my bottom row has only four items and the row doesn't scroll left or right. If I move right to the second pane, it only refers to music and (I guess) allows me to receive music over the air or from recorded content on my phone. I don't use this so I don't know.

Next, where yours says 'Air Drop' and 'Air Play' mine says 'Air Play Mirroring' and 'Air Drop: Receiving off'

I give up. I have no problem posting photos on other forums but this one hates me. I guess....:(

I'm pretty well convinced now that it has to do with Airdrop. I just googled Airdrop and the first thing to come up was a likeness of the window I've been trying to describe.

And if you look at what Wikipedia has to say, Airdrop is an Apple thing. That tells me that it came to live in my phone by way of an update - probably the latest one.

So, since I don't use Airdrop, have no need for it, why can't I just get rid of it??

AirDrop is built into iOS and can't be deleted like an app. AirDrop has been a part of iOS since the introduction of iOS 7. It can be used on the iPhone 5 and later.

I don't doubt you're right but the change I'm talking about is a recent thing. Until only recently I've been able to print from the window I've been trying to describe. Now I can't. I suspect the change occurred with the last update but I didn't notice it until it began to really be annoying.

I took a screenshot of the window I'm trying to describe and I can't even print it because I get the same b4$@9(%£ window when I click that stupid up-arrow symbol. I can text a photo of the screenshot or I can email it but I can't print it. Isn't that stupid??

Anyway, thanks, SciFan. I appreciate your taking an interest.

There's a possibility that the update was corrupted somehow, causing the loss of the print function. Have you considered redoing the update?

As long as you backup your iPhone just before starting there should never minimal risk. If you want to preserve health data, passwords, etc., toll need to do an encrypted backup. Make sure not to forget the password or you won't be able to restore from the backup. You might want to do the procedure through iTunes on your computer. Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

Before you try the restore you might want to go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings. This won't change any data on your iPhone but it will return all Settings to factory defaul. This would help if you accidentally changed a setting that caused the problem.

Last edited:
Many thanks for the input, brixtonboy. Most of the article didn't fit what I'm seeing on my iPhone but down toward the end it mentions some apps that I checked out.

I went ahead and bought the Printer Pro app because it appears to work well and does a lot of things. It also has pretty good reviews. I'll check it out over time but I think you've solved the problem for me.

Thanks again, and have a great day.... :)

Sad to say that l my printer long is not connected to my iPhone but l can still get the options if l wish.
For Heather's fried chicken

Glad to help, don't really know how [emoji3] good luck
Your Apple item should have these options, regardless.
It should not matter if you have a printer or not.
That's what is confusing me.
Tell you a secret l didn't know one could even print from an Apple item, that's how clued up l am.

I hear ya. I'm constantly learning new things about tech stuff.

We're blessed to have folks like J.A. and SciFan57 and others to help us when we find a stumbling block. This is a very helpful forum.