What's new

Tinny sound output?

Caleb9849

Reaction score
So I have a Belkin FM transmitter in my car which plugs into the headphone jack and sends my music across an FM radio frequency. I loved using it with my previous phone, the original Motorola Droid. Now I've got my new iPhone 4 (which I *love* overall...iOS is much better than Android in my opinion, and the app market is ridiculously better), and so far the musical output I get through my same FM transmitter sounds unpleasant, tinny, like nails on a chalkboard. Not to a *huge* extent, but enough to make a semi-audiophile such as myself uncomfortable with how it sounds. What baffles me is that music output from the iPhone sounds just fine through my earphones, and music output through my FM transmitter always sounded great from the Droid. But it sounds a bit unpleasant to me going from the iPhone through the transmitter. I've tried messing with the EQs, for very limited improvement. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Thanks in advance for any insight anyone could possibly provide! :)