What's new

Tim Cook Issues Personal Apology for Apple Maps

Perhaps you missed my reply in box 3.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by hookbill
So, I can use Google Maps with my iPhone? But who does the navigation? How exactly does that work?

Right now I simply press and hold the main button, say "Naviagte to (whereever)" and maps and navigation comes up. What would I do different?

From what I've read you can use Google maps by access via mobile Safari which still supports Google maps. One caveat, no voice by voice turns.

There are several apps a (free and paid) that do provide voice turn.

Perhaps you missed my reply in box 3.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by hookbill
So, I can use Google Maps with my iPhone? But who does the navigation? How exactly does that work?

Right now I simply press and hold the main button, say "Naviagte to (whereever)" and maps and navigation comes up. What would I do different?

From what I've read you can use Google maps by access via mobile Safari which still supports Google maps. One caveat, no voice by voice turns.

There are several apps a (free and paid) that do provide voice turn.

Mike, when I'm trying to give someone a bad time, please let me have my fun.:p

I went with the mapquest. Seems to be fine.

Hey moderator I asked if there was no turn to turn voice directions in Google Maps and this is what you give me? Wow, I would have googled the question and gave the member the answer. If I was the moderator that is. :)

Well Phil, I thought you had already established that Google didn't have turn by turn, thus the recommendation for Mapquest. Not exactly sure what you're looking for and why the need for the attitude. From now on, go ahead and Google the answers as you won't have to worry about me giving answers that you don't like.

Well Phil, I thought you had already established that Google didn't have turn by turn, thus the recommendation for Mapquest. Not exactly sure what you're looking for and why the need for the attitude. From now on, go ahead and Google the answers as you won't have to worry about me giving answers that you don't like.

Sorry for the misunderstanding jkhonea, I have sent you a pm explaining.

Got it, and appreciate it. Been a long week and longer weekend. I'm probably a bit oversensitive to things now.

I responded prematurely it seems

Last edited:
Truth be told!
Ok the maps are bad but that aside the phone is wafer thin the fastest hand held device on the market and does everything that you need it to do am I the only happy iPhone 5er.The eyes of a man are never satisfied so we will always want more even when we have greatness right in the palm of our hands lets face it the bar has been set so high that Apple fans expect no flaw which is virtually impossible.Steve Jobs we are missing you already!