What's new

Those who had wifi problems...

rynorod32

Reaction score
...and those who have given advice and it worked; I just wanted to know what advice worked. I just picked up my IP5 a couple of days ago, tried to connect via my home wifi with no luck. Everywhere else I connected with no problems. I had the IP4/iOS6 and I didn't have this issue. Is it an IP5 thing?

I looked thru the forum already but none was definitive. There were several advices, but no response back on whether or not it worked. I just don't want to do every single thing and making my issue worse. Much solid advice/solution will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hmmm... not a single response, lol. But anyways, I figured it out. Definitely, if you had have the above issue, "forget this network," reboot your iphone (hold power and home button at the same time until it completely turns off), and go through the motion again.

I guess thanks me, ;).

Glad you found the solution. Sometimes when no one answers...no one knows! LOL! Some of these issues are unique to the phone and not a common issue. Thanks for posting your solution, it may help someone else!

Hmmm... not a single response, lol. But anyways, I figured it out. Definitely, if you had have the above issue, "forget this network," reboot your iphone (hold power and home button at the same time until it completely turns off), and go through the motion again.

I guess thanks me, ;).

Glad you got it fixed, ryno... I was going to suggest changing security settings on your router -- that was mentioned elsewhere -- but apparently that wasn't relevant to your situation. Funny though that it required a hard reboot to fix your prob. The iP5 should have picked up the wi-fi setup on the first go... Write back if you have further such issues.

Glad you got it fixed, ryno... I was going to suggest changing security settings on your router -- that was mentioned elsewhere -- but apparently that wasn't relevant to your situation. Funny though that it required a hard reboot to fix your prob. The iP5 should have picked up the wi-fi setup on the first go... Write back if you have further such issues.

I suggest that unless you know what you are doing to not mess with your wifi. Seriously, I went in there monkeying around and before I knew it I had no wifi anywhere. Fortunately for me my cable company provides my wifi and they went in there and fixed it. Changing channels or something like that is OK, but don't be an idiot like me.

I suggest that unless you know what you are doing to not mess with your wifi. Seriously, I went in there monkeying around and before I knew it I had no wifi anywhere. Fortunately for me my cable company provides my wifi and they went in there and fixed it. Changing channels or something like that is OK, but don't be an idiot like me.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that feels that way about changing wifi settings! I think I broke our in a sweat when I had to change out our old modem for a new one!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk...yup...I bought it!! :)

That's exactly why I posted the way I posted, lol. I didn't want to spend all night saying "WTF?!?!?!" if I got to deep into figuring stuff out on my own... Anyways, it's good to be back into this forum. Definitely plenty of good stuff and good people in here still...Well, for the most part, ;).