What's new

Third Party Keyboards.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We have had the ability now in IOS 8 to choose third party keyboards for some time.

It would be interesting to know what you all went with, Did you stay with the Apple keyboard or did you find a third party keyboard you love?

I use SwiftKey myself.

I'm using the built in keyboard.
I've tried SwiftKey when iOS 8 was released, out of curiosity, just for a short period.

I'm back and forth between the Apple Stock key Board and ToucPal keyboard ( I LUV the many options)

SwiftKey is my default keyboard now. I had too many issues with the stock keyboard. I use the predictive words and the predictive words on the stock keyboard are too low contrast for me to read. I'm currently using the Nickel Rose theme, but also like the Nickel Dark theme. SwiftKey has features not available in the stock keyboard. And I can type the first 2 characters of my email address and the entire address shows in the middle predictive box. Here's the Nickel Rose:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433011075.796381.jpg

SwiftKey is my default keyboard now. I had too many issues with the stock keyboard. I use the predictive words and the predictive words on the stock keyboard are too low contrast for me to read. I'm currently using the Nickel Rose theme, but also like the Nickel Dark theme. SwiftKey has features not available in the stock keyboard. And I can type the first 2 characters of my email address and the entire address shows in the middle predictive box. Here's the Nickel Rose:
View attachment 19448

You must be a mind reader, I was wondering about buying the Nickel Rose Theme, It looks very nice so thank you, you helped me make up my mind.

I like that you can try before you buy too.

Last edited:
You must be a mind reader, I was wondering about buying the Nickel Rose Theme, It looks very nice so thank you, you helped me make up my mind.

I like that you can try before you buy too.
Did you update? It now has the diverse emoji and the Vulcan salute.

Just in case you can't find it to add to your shortcuts. Something interesting just happened. I added the Vulcan symbol and it showed but when I pressed post, it disappeared. Now I have to go test this.
And my test shows it works for me but not here. Wonder why.

Last edited:
Just in case you can't find it to add to your shortcuts. Something interesting just happened. I added the Vulcan symbol and it showed but when I pressed post, it disappeared. Now I have to go test this.
And my test shows it works for me but not here. Wonder why.
Do any of the emoji work on this site? [emoji111]️ I couldn't get it to work on several forums in TapaTalk. It did work on one.
Yep, the Vulcan salute does not stay on some forums.?

Let's find out.

No emojois but the apple shortcut works. Hmmmm. Not on Tapatalk. For my test I used Facebook and sent a message to a friend. It worked fine there. Both the apple and Vulcan symbol are shortcuts so my logic is exhausted by the inconsistancy. Lol

Not all of the emojis and shortcuts are working here.
❤️

Edit: the Vulcan salute disappeared into thin air, and from the ~8 emojis I added, one is visible.

I haven't even got an option to update.