What's new

Thinking of switching to a Iphone 6 s plus

jeeptec

Reaction score
I'm thinking about switching to an Iphone 6s plus. I've been an Android user for years. My present phone is a Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Ive looked and played with the 6s plus at the Apple store was impressed. First Apple product to impress me. I need 10 reasons to switch other than liking the phone.

Cameras on an iPhone are in general better than those on Android devices, at least that's my experience. The 6s plus has a 12 MP rear camera, and a 5 MP front camera, and it takes excellent pictures.

3D Touch would be another reason to switch to the iPhone, imo. This feature helps fulfilling tasks more quickly than on other phones.

If you intend to use the software as Apple provides it, there's no need to buy antivirus apps. In fact, there are none in the App Store. Apple's way of keeping apps "separated" (sandboxing) makes it impossible to get malware or viruses to the iPhone.

If you want to jailbreak your iPhone, that's also possible. Not yet with the latest software (9.1), though.

There are regular software updates with additional security content and improvements, and they are released to all the iPhones around the world at the same time. There's no delay.

Here's one very good reason, Apple not only make the hardware they make the software too.

You can keep using your Gmail address, you can also use it as Apple ID, if you wish. You can sync your contacts, calendars and emails to the iPhone, if you set up Gmail on the iPhone.

There are way more apps on the App Store than for Google's Play Store, as far as I know. You'll find many of the apps you used on the Android device in App Store as well.

The iPhone comes with a warranty of one year, which can be extended to two years (AppleCare +).
AppleCare+ for iPhone is an insurance product that provides expert telephone technical support and up to two years of additional hardware coverage. (Apple)

With every new iPhone comes 90 days of free telephone support, absolutely invaluable and Apple support is the best in the world, Two more reasons.

I'm thinking about switching to an Iphone 6s plus. I've been an Android user for years. My present phone is a Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Ive looked and played with the 6s plus at the Apple store was impressed. First Apple product to impress me. I need 10 reasons to switch other than liking the phone.

With every new iPhone comes 90 days of free telephone support, absolutely invaluable and Apple support is the best in the world, Two more reasons.
Apple has the best customer satisfaction ratings in the industry. If something goes wrong, they'll do their best to correct it.

Op I'm in the same boat, this is the first iPhone to actually impress me, there are some things that the iPhone does better and some things it absolutely sucks at. I will tell you a lot off Google apps actually work better and have more features then on android.

The lack of a back button will drive you nuts for a few days but I'm slowly getting used to it. The camera is right there with the note 5.

iOS reminds me of windows phone where it just works.

I'm coming from a note 5 nexus 6 and moto x2015 and all of those are monsters of raw performance and the 6s+ has no problem running with them and in some cases out run them just as there are some times my note 5 will crush this thing.

Anymore in the smart phone game it's comes down to what you want and what you want your phone to do.

What made me scoop one up was the 3D Touch, beast mode single core performance,something different and the fact that a lot of Google apps just work better over here.

I'm on day 3 and it's a learning curve and still a mixed bag and There's a few things that may make me return it but a lot of things I may keep it so my advice is you have at least a week to return it if you don't like it so grab one and use it exclusively as in hide your androids and give it a fair shot.

I made the switch now to the 6s Plus. I got tired of the fragmentation in Android and wanted something that just works. I'm happy so far after about a month and the qualityfeel and fluidity of iOS is amazing.
Good move.

Hi. I just switched over to the iPhone 6s Plus. Amazing phone yes, and so are others too. I'm getting roughly about 1 1/2 to 2 days on the battery. The screen real estate could be daunting at first but you'll get used to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm also another convert from the Note 4 to the iPhone 6s plus. I'm impressed with the iPhone. There is not as much customization as android (I really miss my widget), but I love the fingerprint scanner (works so good I don't realize it's on until I use the wrong finger. Don't get me wrong, I loved my Note 4 and don't really have any complaints with Android, just wanted to try something different. I think that the overall experience is more fluid than with Android. The things I didn't like about Android was having a major update come out and worrying about if my phone would get it. It was a bummer knowing that a new version was out and being at the mercy of my carrier. I'm also liking Apple Pay. I was nervous when I made the change to iPhone, but I'm not disappointed.

Pros: Battery life and the fact that it just works.
Cons: Hotspot doesn't like non-Apple products and lack of widgets, only I never really cared about the lack of widgets.

I made the switch now to the 6s Plus. I got tired of the fragmentation in Android and wanted something that just works. I'm happy so far after about a month and the qualityfeel and fluidity of iOS is amazing.
I made the switch a week ago from a Galaxy note 4. I could not take the poor battery quality, I would have to plug it in after 6 hours of normal usage. I purchased the 6s Plus and so far I'm loving it. The battery is excellent, normal usage I have about 35% at 10pm after having it on since 7am.

I prefer android experience over apple. My father and brother both have iphones. I just can't use a device that is restricted in so many ways. Can flash different roms etc. I like to have fun with my devices

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
I actually miss my Android, but family pressure and the poor battery life on the Note 4 made me switch. I am enjoying facetiming with my kids and thats important to me. Enjoy your Android..

Biggest pros for me: Looks incredible & is well built (I had an S4 and it felt incredibly 'plasticy' for a premium phone), fingerprint sensor & ease of use. Most apps come to iOS first too in my experience.