What's new

Thinking about throwing in the towel...

I'm curious...what's the difference in jbing att or verizion?

Sry if that's a dumb question lol

I was in the same shoes you were in at first. All I read was problems with jailbreaking. But after being on the forum and following all the steps I went ahead. At first I didn't succeed because I forgot to go in properties and change the compatibility to Windows. After that it was a wrap. I jailbroke my phone successfully. After, I did my buddies phone and my iPod.

I used redsnow rc15 to do the break. Getting the firmware and converting it to Ipsw was a hassle till I googled how to change it from zip to ipsw. After that its a breeze to do. If you are going to do it check and make sure that you download the firmware that is on your phone. If you upgrade your os find your os online and do the break. If we can do it you can too. All I did was had my face planted in google for a couple days and reading directions.

well the jailbreak vulnerability from the iphone 4 GSM and the verizon is different so the method they use for one would just not work at all for the other, even for firmwares on the same devices its different for each firmware released as apple closes holes and plays a cat and mouse game with devs who manage to jailbreak each firmware..

in the end you end up with the same result, you can get any app and you have cydia on your phone but you just use a different hack to get there and some apps might not work as devs just dont port their apps for what ever reason

Ah ok. I always just went to clarified.com and selected my jb in the past. I guess it's a good thing I'm att!

There is no real difference, only the process of jailbreaking happen to be different one from another. But at the end, the results are the same. Att can be jailbreak by any jailbreaking tool, where by verizon can be jailbreak by specific tools and also regarding to what your computer is mac or windows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no real difference, only the process of jailbreaking happen to be different one from another. But at the end, the results are the same. Att can be jailbreak by any jailbreaking tool, where by verizon can be jailbreak by specific tools and also regarding to what your computer is mac or windows.

Something I forgot to mention in this thread is how I do own a Mac. So know, what process do I use? The one you've already mentioned here on this thread?

Something I forgot to mention in this thread is how I do own a Mac. So know, what process do I use? The one you've already mentioned here on this thread?

You have a mac. If you are on att use the latest redsnow, you can also use pwnage tool to jailbreak your att iphone. But if you are on verison then use only pwnage tool.

You have a mac. If you are on att use the latest redsnow, you can also use pwnage tool to jailbreak your att iphone. But if you are on verison then use only pwnage tool.

Well bab, I thought I would give it a try as you suggested. I went to this link

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-4-hacking-17/how-guide-jailbreak-ios-4-2-8-verizon-iphone-pwnage-tool-untethered-mac-12646/

and dowloaded the pwnage tool with this link (which I couldn't really figure out how to use but decided to follow the instructions).

http://go.redirectingat.com/?id=1629X694370&xs=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftorrents.thepiratebay.org%2F6375459%2FPwnageTool_4.3.3.1.dmg.6375459.TPB.torrent&sref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.iphoneforums.net%2Fforum%2Fiphone-4-hacking-17%2Fhow-guide-jailbreak-ios-4-2-8-verizon-iphone-pwnage-tool-untethered-mac-12646%2F

Then I went to download the next step here...

Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: Verizon-4.2.8-PT-bundle.zip

*Note that is not a link because once you click on it, it will just send you to the window the next link takes you to.

and got this message...

Hotfile.com: One click file hosting

this is precisely the experience(s) I've described within this thread...