What's new

Thinking about purchasing an IPhone 4

pooboo

Reaction score
Need help deciding how much data I will need. My kids have IPod Touch 4 and would like to be able to connect with them and do e-mail and video streaming, etc. How much data would be enough? How much is 2GB, really?

Thanks for responding so quickly. Kids have IPod Touch 4s and I want to be able to use Facetime, as well as play music and watch videos and check e-mail. I don't do much gaming but that is subject to change.

The iPods use wifi, facetime uses wifi, streaming uses wifi or 3g. The kids should be ok as they won't be using 3g. Your iPhone 4 however can use 3g, so as long as you limit your streaming on 3g, the 2gb plan should be ok. Just keep in mind that streaming video on 3g can use that up very fast. Way to many people find that a week or two into their plan, they have used up 1.5gb plus of their 2gb. Like kids in a free candy store, they don't know when to stop. til its to late. :)

Thanks for responding so quickly. Kids have IPod Touch 4s and I want to be able to use Facetime, as well as play music and watch videos and check e-mail. I don't do much gaming but that is subject to change.

i would recommend you get a 16GB iphone 4, the only reason why u should get a 32gb is if the price isnt far off but 16GB would be enough (Y)