What's new

Theme instructions missing???

golfinglenn

Reaction score
Granted I am new to jailbreaking and themeing, but I assume there are more people out there like me than tech savy individuals. I have installed multiple themes on my 4S, and they all work, but there are tweaks and mods that need to be done to most of them to access their full potential. Examples would be changing the weather in ones that have weather icons or screens in them. Also, some show keyboards in screenshots, but then they don't show up when you load the theme. I have since learned with some of the themes how to go into ifiles and change weather location. Also, I have learned that sometimes the themes require additional add ons, like keyboards available in cydia that then need to be activated in colorboard.

My point is, some very intelligent and dilligent people are creating some truly awesome themes out there and selling them for near nothing for all of us to enjoy. I cannot express enough how appreciative I am of their time and talent. However, I have one request to those developers........please take the time to include detailed instructions online, or provide a link, that any layman can follow to get the most out of their themes. Some of these themes have obviously taken numerous hours to develop, instructions wouldn't add that much time lol and would be equally appreciated.

Thanks again,

Glenn

The instructions for how to use/configure the themes can always be found in the respective threads on MMi.

Sorry if this is a silly question, but what is MMi? Can you expand on that?

Yep. And apt of themes have instructions on how to change things inside the theme folder in var/stash/themes/whatever your theme name is.

MMi is ModMyi, it's a forum for skinning iDevices. Most themes(especially the popular ones) are always released on that forum first. If you search for the theme name +modmyi in google you will find the original thread from the theme creator and they usually always post the instructions on the first post(if there is anything that needs configuring).