What's new

Mac os x dreamboard theme issues

IROb0t

Reaction score
Loving this theme but some things I'm not sure how to change like the iPhone status bar not going away
and the more important one is the time and weather..how do I change the time? It shows a 0:35 as an example.
Just uses a zero. And the weather on the dashboard shows nothing -_-

Is there a way in iFile to change them or what? I'm not very advanced with this stuff. ._.

You need to edit the config files of the theme. In winterboard they are usually called something like UserConfig.js or something but I never use Dreamboard so I don't know what they're called there. If your clock says 0:35 you need to disable 24-hour clock and you will need to input your zip code for the weather to show up.

And yes, it can be done with iFile.

IROb0t said:
Loving this theme but some things I'm not sure how to change like the iPhone status bar not going away
and the more important one is the time and weather..how do I change the time? It shows a 0:35 as an example.
Just uses a zero. And the weather on the dashboard shows nothing -_-

Is there a way in iFile to change them or what? I'm not very advanced with this stuff. ._.

I too have noticed these same issues. Something else though far more annoying. If for any reason like you install an update in Cydia and afterwards it needs to restart springboard ...... Well you just lost all the settings and customizations you have been working on for some time. Grrrrrrrrr. If not for this it's a cool theme.

zuluwhiskeyfox said:
I too have noticed these same issues. Something else though far more annoying. If for any reason like you install an update in Cydia and afterwards it needs to restart springboard ...... Well you just lost all the settings and customizations you have been working on for some time. Grrrrrrrrr. If not for this it's a cool theme.

I sent a message to the author of this theme. He replied with some very useful fixes. See below a copy and paste of the email he sent to me.

"I updated the code to fix the status bar bugs. The download links now have the updated theme. Unfortunately you can't get the weather to save your location, I tried but was unsuccessful. But to make the theme remember your settings, just use iFile to set the ownership/permissions of the OS X Lion.plist file to mobile, mobile and read, write, execute. This can be done by tapping the blue arrow next to the file (it's located at /var/DreamBoard/OS X Lion/). Do the same for the OS X Lion folder and set the folder to apply hierarchically.

This Version Includes the Performance Update!
The final version of OS X Lion Ultimatum is here!
Thanks for the donation and welcome to the OS X Lion Ultimatum theme!

The HD version is available here.
The SD version is available here.

Installation is simple. You will need to download iFile from Cydia first. Then download your OS X Lion Ultimatum version (HD or SD). After it has downloaded, view it in iFile. Then tap on the file and choose the installer. After it is installed, use iFile and navigate to /DreamBoard and tap on the blue arrow next to the OS X Lion folder. Scroll down and set the Ownership to mobile, mobile. This will allow all the changes you make to the theme to save.
-If you get an error installing the .deb, make sure you delete any previous OS X Lion folders in DreamBoard. It cannot overwrite them, it just gives an error.

You will need to download the following tweaks/apps from Cydia in order to make all the features work:
Respring, QuickLock2, and CrazyDashboard

You may also need one or more of the following tweaks depending on how you decide to set up your status bar. To make life easier I suggest installing all of them before applying the theme and using SBSettings to turn off the ones you don't need when prompted by the installer:
No Status, CleanStatus, and ArrangeStatusBar

You will need to install ColorKeyboard to get the included keyboards to work. There are also WinterBoard themes to go with the keyboards that theme the lock passcode pop up if you use a passcode.

You will need to install animate from Cydia to get the animated boot logo to work. Once installed, navigate to Settings: BootLogo: and select Lion Boot Logo.

After you install the theme in DreamBoard, open WinterBoard and select the corresponding theme for your status bar choice. "OS X Lion Ultimatum WB" is for if you chose the 1st or 3rd status bar option and "OS X Lion Show Status Bar" is for if you chose the 2nd status bar option.

Enjoy the theme :)"

In my opinion the status bar issue is still a bit buggy. It's better than it was though.