What's new

The Vapor: One slick iPhone 4 case

Waiting for the email allowing me to order have received the one quoted above.

Personally I thought the Case-Mate Vroom was the way to go, but now I'm going to have to change my mind I think...

I have preordered the black on black with the carbon fiber back. This along with the lead time to get the iPhone 4, I should be able to get both at the same time.

I pre-ordered the silver/silver with the carbon backing. I checked with them, the silver is actually a clear coat so it shows the natural color of the aluminum.

I so can't wait. Looks like one kick-ass bumper.

Now if I can just find a nice supple leather belt case (if only Coach made iPhone cases, their leather kicks ass) that will fit with the vapor on for those days that I need in it on my belt rather than in my pocket.

I dont really understand the point of hard cases like this. Isnt the whole point of a case to protect the phone from drops? My understanding is that rubber and silicone cases are like shock absorbers and actually minimize the impact the phone would take from a fall. Hard cases dont seem like they would absorb the shock but rather just transfer it to the device. If youre getting a hard case just to protect from scratches and such then couldnt u just get a zagg full body protector or something similar? Just curious.

I dont really understand the point of hard cases like this. Isnt the whole point of a case to protect the phone from drops? My understanding is that rubber and silicone cases are like shock absorbers and actually minimize the impact the phone would take from a fall. Hard cases dont seem like they would absorb the shock but rather just transfer it to the device. If youre getting a hard case just to protect from scratches and such then couldnt u just get a zagg full body protector or something similar? Just curious.

The inside has a rubber liner to absorb shock. I want a case that can protect the edges of the phone. Also 90% of cases just don't fit right are too bulky/rubbery....Im willing to pay extra for a case that looks and feels like its part of the phone itself. I'm hoping this one does it. :)

I generally don't make a habit of dropping my phones and I like this case because of how it looks. Works for me.

Very nice but it won't protect the screen. If it did I would buy one.
It's the otter box or belkins ballistic for me.

Anybody received their Element case yet?

My order went through on 7/3.

Thought I'd get a notice it shipped already.

John

a60e58ee.jpg

Dear Vapor Customer,

Last week we discovered some manufacturing issues with earlier cases that were shipped. We have stopped shipping Vapor cases to remedy the situation but are shipping again.

If you have received one of these early units (prior to this week), you will be receiving an email from us explaining the details.

Before this issue came up, we told you that we hoped to be caught up with all back orders by end of this week. Unfortunately, we are further behind and some orders will not go out until next week. We will be working all weekend to make sure we get as many out on Monday and Tuesday as humanly possible.

We apologize for the delay. We want you to have the best product that we can provide. For questions, please see the FAQs on our website ElementCASE.

Thank your for your support and understanding.

Regards,
Element Case

d1c42ec7.jpg

Just saw that email in my inbox.

Hmmm, not much one can do but wait...

a60e58ee.jpg

Dear Vapor Customer,

Last week we discovered some manufacturing issues with earlier cases that were shipped. We have stopped shipping Vapor cases to remedy the situation but are shipping again.

If you have received one of these early units (prior to this week), you will be receiving an email from us explaining the details.

Before this issue came up, we told you that we hoped to be caught up with all back orders by end of this week. Unfortunately, we are further behind and some orders will not go out until next week. We will be working all weekend to make sure we get as many out on Monday and Tuesday as humanly possible.

We apologize for the delay. We want you to have the best product that we can provide. For questions, please see the FAQs on our website ElementCASE.

Thank your for your support and understanding.

Regards,
Element Case

d1c42ec7.jpg

Nice to finally see a better picture of the Red/Black case I ordered. Too bad it did not have the carbon fiber back in the picture.

It is a very slick looking case, but I can't justify spending $80 on a phone case, especially when I shelled out $50 for the otterbox defender already.