What's new

The same artist showing up twice on the iPhone.

Rickayyy

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4 and I also have a 120GB Classic iPod.

Both are synced with the same iTunes library's but on the iPhone 4, it shows some of the artists twice. It does't do this on the iPod though.

For example, I have 3 albums on my iPhone from the artist Crime In Stereo. One album is listed under Crime in Stereo and the other 2 are listed under Crime In Stereo. The difference being the capital/lowercase "i"

When I got to the list of music on my iPhone, it has:

Crime in Stereo
Crime In Stereo

Both on the list. I figured maybe it was an error with the descriptions or something but it's not cause it doesn't show up like that on my iPod. Just to make sure, I deleted all the songs from iTunes, re-added them and then edited the info for ALL of them at once by highlighting them all and made sure everything was blank except the artist name, album artwork, track numbers, and and song titles.

This is really annoying, anyone know how to fix it?

Sometimes capitals makes a difference. Also make sure the album artist (different form artist) is the same or they will show up more than once.

It took me a while to figure that out. Was driving me mad...

Sometimes capitals makes a difference. Also make sure the album artist (different form artist) is the same or they will show up more than once.

It took me a while to figure that out. Was driving me mad...

I tried that as well, didn't work. Still has the same artist listed twice.

I also tried making it part of a compilation and that didn't do the trick either.

I don't understand why it's coming up like this on my iPhone but not on the iPod...

Last edited:
Indent understand why it's different either. The iPod must not support whatever info that's attacthed to the mp3 thats making it separate on your phone.

Check all the info for the mp3's in the 'Get Info' tab. Be careful of extra spaces on the end and capitals. Remember & is different from and aswell...