What's new

The OFFICIAL Jailbreak Updates Thread

Important question: Where is the good forum to follow the jailbreak story. This one is lame...

not sure what you mean? but dev team blog and their twitter has updates directly from them Dev-Team Blog and if you say this forum is lame then try Hackint0sh - Latest hacks for iPhone, OSX and AppleTV though there is not much activity there, but they do have a irc chan where musclenerd and other dev team members hang out you can find the server on that forum.

I'm mainly looking for people discussing their successes/failures with jailbreaks on different versions the phone/baseband/ios.

Important question: Where is the good forum to follow the jailbreak story. This one is lame...

not sure what you mean? but dev team blog and their twitter has updates directly from them Dev-Team Blog and if you say this forum is lame then try Hackint0sh - Latest hacks for iPhone, OSX and AppleTV though there is not much activity there, but they do have a irc chan where musclenerd and other dev team members hang out you can find the server on that forum.

I'm mainly looking for people discussing their successes/failures with jailbreaks on different versions the phone/baseband/ios.

that forum has plenty of them, and the irc chan. but here is good also if you just look at the different threads you can see different problems ppl have had

This thread was started to be the main place for Jailbreak questions and updates.... as there are still people making independant threads about all over the Forum I will no longer be updating this thread...

You cant say I didnt try to help....

some people just dont know how to use the search or take a few seconds to look and see this topic is right up there. dont let them put you off updating this thread :) it happens in every forum ppl just ask the same Q's 100 times because they are in too much of a rush to read or search threads

-===== edit =-------

Question: if I ever need to restore my iPhone to 4.1 so apple can take a look at it for servicing, how do I save my paid apps in Cydia?

this is why i never jailbreak any more, you cant save them, you just have to re install it all

It's not that hard to reinstall the apps. Saving that minor effort would no way outweigh the huge benefits of apps like MyWi, BiteSMS, and many others!

Re-installing is not an issue. I have time, but will it show that I purchased the app in the past still? Or will I have to re-purchase?

This thread was started to be the main place for Jailbreak questions and updates.... as there are still people making independant threads about all over the Forum I will no longer be updating this thread...

You cant say I didnt try to help....

some people just dont know how to use the search or take a few seconds to look and see this topic is right up there. dont let them put you off updating this thread :) it happens in every forum ppl just ask the same Q's 100 times because they are in too much of a rush to read or search threads

-===== edit =-------

Question: if I ever need to restore my iPhone to 4.1 so apple can take a look at it for servicing, how do I save my paid apps in Cydia?

this is why i never jailbreak any more, you cant save them, you just have to re install it all

It's not that hard to reinstall the apps. Saving that minor effort would no way outweigh the huge benefits of apps like MyWi, BiteSMS, and many others!

i know its not, but when you have tones of apps that most of them stop working every firmware upgrade until the dev port it to the new fw, IF they decide to and not forgetting what you had installed, how long until you get fed up of it? i was jailbreaking since 1.1.4 and im sure lots have done way before 1.1.4 but im bored of it. its too much hassle imo.

sbsettings vlc player emulators winterboard cydelete tones of themes openssh terminal... the list goes on and on, im sure i dont have to tell you.

ok, turns out there is a tetherme app for free... and it works perfectly

from that source, its still 1.99, follow this tutorial.. its free, and it works..its "tetherme" but from a different source

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qzg5q-h9iI[/ame]

Alright did mine. Pretty smooth from old jb to new. Only prob is I can find the mods I had before to have a 5 icon grid and 5 icon dock. I don't want winterboard just the mods. Oh well I am sure I'll figure it out.

Alright did mine. Pretty smooth from old jb to new. Only prob is I can find the mods I had before to have a 5 icon grid and 5 icon dock. I don't want winterboard just the mods. Oh well I am sure I'll figure it out.

Found it actually. Had to search for five not 5. I am good to go. I notice when you residing you don't get that weird pixilation anymore. Cool.

Lisen i need a reply greenpoisin is released i have limerain can i jus jailbreak over this or do it restore havr no jb then use gp?

Lisen i need a reply greenpoisin is released i have limerain can i jus jailbreak over this or do it restore havr no jb then use gp?

actually it doesent make a difference because gp now uses the same exploit has limera1n.. so it really makes no differences what one you use, only gp has a mac version thats the only difference

Jb actin weird like cydia at start always says worng language code then i install sources and its another language, my time has changed itself lol

Shall i restore n jb with limera1n agen i think im in beta 4 ????