What's new

The new guy.

sixfoot5

Reaction score
Hello,
I am an admitted Apple noob, though I wish I'd switched a LONG time ago. I am a convert, no question.
I learn something new every day on the iPhone and our MacBook Pro.
That being said, I tend to over-think things when trying to figure out what I'm doing on our devices. (A long-time PC habit, as I'm sure you all can relate to.)
The mental ergonomics of these devices are deceivingly simple...yet I still find myself scratching my head from time to time. Hence the reason I'm writing this today.
I am looking forward to learning from you all, and sharing my discoveries as well.

Last edited:
Welcome and learn, sixfoot.... Much good info here. Aside: I can relate to your "over-thinking" notion. But most of the times, it's a good thing!!

Welcome to the Forum. I'm just curious, is this your first smart phone?

I remember when I went from the Blackberry Storm to the Droid I sat there for about an hour not knowing what to do. And while things are pretty simple and straight forward with iPhone some things can be a bit complicated, specially if you are use to an Android phone. I found iPhone easy to understand but I'm still learning and sometimes my "Android thinking" gets in the way of things.

Anyway glad to have you here. Enjoy the Forum there are a lot of good people here willing to help.

Hello,
I am an admitted Apple noob, though I wish I'd switched a LONG time ago. I am a convert, no question.
I learn something new every day on the iPhone and our MacBook Pro.
That being said, I tend to over-think things when trying to figure out what I'm doing on our devices. (A long-time PC habit, as I'm sure you all can relate to.)
The mental ergonomics of these devices are deceivingly simple...yet I still find myself scratching my head from time to time. Hence the reason I'm writing this today.
I am looking forward to learning from you all, and sharing my discoveries as well.
Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are a few helpful links. cv| iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | | iPhone Unlocking Guide for BeginnersiPhoneForums.net Mobile App

Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure

poisonivy……iPF STAFF.
iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules