What's new

The Miami Heat Becomes the First Mobile-Only Entry NBA Team

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
Miami Heat is the first NBA team to go mobile-entry only.JPG

ESPN reports that the Miami Heat has announced that fans going to home games in the forthcoming NBA season will now only be able to gain entry to the venue with a ticket on their smartphone, not a paper ticket. This makes the Miami Heat the first team in the NBA to use a mobile-only entry system. While other teams such as the Minnesota Timberwolves and the Cleveland Cavaliers do also have mobile-only ticketing systems, they still let fans use their driver’s license or credit card to gain entry.

Anyone that walks up to the Miami Heat’s AmericanAirlines Arena on game night to purchase a ticket will still have their ticket delivered to their smartphone, despite actually being present at the box office.

The Heat issued a statement about the move on its official website, where it also has a comprehensive section explaining all about the new mobile-only entry scheme.
“Adopting mobile-only entry is all about improving the fan experience at the AmericanAirlines Arena. Mobile-only entry will make getting into the Arena seamless, simple, and fast. You’ll be able to manage everything from your smartphone. It means being able to enhance your experience at the touch of a button. It also means we’re doing right by the environment in trying to create a paperless environment here at 601 Biscayne.”

As ESPN notes, another reason for teams adopting mobile tickets is not only to reduce fraud, but also to obtain valuable information about the ticket-buyer.

Sources: No phone? No entry: Heat going mobile-only

Mobile Only Entry - FAQs

... to obtain valuable information about the ticket-buyer.

Not for me, plus I like to put ticket stubs in a scrapbook so I can remember games, concerts, races etc.
I like to save my old ticket stubs as well.
The only problem in this case is that there are no ticket stubs to save in a scrapbook.