What's new

The "Can I Jailbreak my iPhone on iOS X.X.X" Thread

@willerz2 is Jailbreaking with Pangu8 on an iP6 w/ iOS 8.1 stable now and ready to go? I'm a little behind on the jailbreaking world, unfortunately. :-(

Not willerz2 but yes, the PanGu jailbreak tool (version 1.2.1) is good to go. I am currently running an iPad Air and an iPhone 6 Plus on ios 8.1 jailbroken with the PanGu tool. They are running great.

And, as of yesterday, there is a Mac version of the tool!

Marilyn

It's relatively stable compared to the initial release. And on the part of SaurikIT, they've been ironing out Cydia issues with Team Pangu. The only outstanding issues are stock iOS-based at the moment, which is pretty much expected ever since iOS 7

Everything working good for me. I changed my SSH port to something over 50000 in order to unsandbox applications using port 22 such as Prompt and SSH Term. As soon as I changed it I have both paid apps working for me so I don't care if MobileTerminal is not working at this time.:)

Just a FYI, the iPad mini 3 running iOS 8.1.0 is working great after JB. I don't see this new iOS device listed in post #1.

Just a FYI, the iPad mini 3 running iOS 8.1.0 is working great after JB. I don't see this new iOS device listed in post #1.
I've edited it to include the new Air and Mini, but my connection was crappy that day so it probably didn't go through. I'll edit it at home since I'm on my Nexus and don't have my laptop on me. Sorry about that.

Not willerz2 but yes, the PanGu jailbreak tool (version 1.2.1) is good to go. I am currently running an iPad Air and an iPhone 6 Plus on ios 8.1 jailbroken with the PanGu tool. They are running great.

And, as of yesterday, there is a Mac version of the tool!

Marilyn
Are very many of the tweaks actually working though? Last I looked, the list was pretty short.

Thanks,
Rik

Are very many of the tweaks actually working though? Last I looked, the list was pretty short.

Thanks,
Rik
You can check out the docs in the first post below, which is updated by a reputable jailbreaker regularly.

iOS 8.x Jailbreak Status Apple iPad Forum

Its also linked in the jailbreak tweaks subforum here on iPhoneForums

Hi. I recently jailbroke my iPhone 4S with iOS 8.1.2. I used the latest TaiG jailbreak to unlock my phone. When it finished, Cydia had two essential upgrades to do in order to use Cydia, but when I tried to update them it kept coming up with errors. So I decided the reset my phone and now it is stuck with the Apple logo and s full bar on the screen. It never moves, never turns off and never changes. My phone also won't connect with my computer now so I can't do anything. HELP!!
I dont know how to help you but this really isn't a troubleshooting thread. You might consider deleting this post (so as not to double post) and creating your own thread asking for help. You'll probably get more help.

Rik

I dont know how to help you but this really isn't a troubleshooting thread. You might consider deleting this post (so as not to double post) and creating your own thread asking for help. You'll probably get more help.

Rik
Okay I'm sorry about that. I only yesterday joined this site because of the problem with my phone so I didn't really know where to put my problem :)

Can the iPhone 6+ be updated to the latest 8.1.2 and still JB with TaiG? The OP say 8.1.1.

Thanks in advance.

Initial post is updated with 8.1.2, newer versions of utilities have been included in the links. 8.0-8.1.2 jailbreak on Mac OS X added.

iOS 8.1.3 has been released (7.0.3 for the Apple TV). This update patches TaiG and PP's exploits for iOS 8.0 - 8.1.X jailbreaks. Users are recommended to install OpenSSH and Apple Conduit File 2 via Cydia as mechanisms to be able to resolve issues on currently jailbroken devices.

iOS 8.1.3 has been released (7.0.3 for the Apple TV). This update patches TaiG and PP's exploits for iOS 8.0 - 8.1.X jailbreaks. Users are recommended to install OpenSSH and Apple Conduit File 2 via Cydia as mechanisms to be able to resolve issues on currently jailbroken devices.
Wow got my 6+ Just in time. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk