What's new

The "Can I Jailbreak my iPhone on iOS X.X.X" Thread

Updated initial post to reflect 7.1. Clarification on 7.1 jailbreak, added 7.1 jailbreakability section.

Depending on demand, I may create a 7.1 guide, though I don't find it necessary since RageMasta has already created a video guide on the RageMasta website that outlines it completely. Again, it's a TETHERED jailbreak, NOT an untethered jailbreak, and ONLY works for the iPhone 4, no other devices.

Can't imagine people still considering an iPhone 4 a "usable" phone. Just so slow. 7.1 run at a tortoise speed on it.

It's the equivalent of a 3GS on iOS 6. iOS 5 was really the last true iOS for the 3GS, not sure why they pushed ios 6 on it

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk Pro

7.1.1 has been released, initial post has been updated with 7.1.1.

Just to put this out there. On the off-chance that iOS 7.1 is jailbroken, the pattern of jailbreaking will follow suit of that of p0sixpwn and Evasi0n7 most likely (iOS 8 will be jailbroken first, then 7.1.X will be released afterwards or simultaneously). iOS 7.1.1 patches the kernel exploit used on iOS 7.0 - 7.0.6, but it remains intact on 7.1. Now it's not to say that a 7.1 jailbreak for A5+ devices is in the works, just that in the future, when it possibly comes out, you have a better chance at jailbreaking 7.1 than any 7.1 < X < 8.0 because the kernel exploit can be reused. Whether it can or is gong to be reused, or whether a new exploit is goin to be used so that it covers all devices rather than using 2 different kernel exploits based on what iOS is running depends on the developers that intend to create a utility to do so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapa

A Semi-tethered update has been made available for the iPhone 4 on iOS 7.1.1. I've added the link to the download through my Mega storage, so there's no Ad.fly.

p0sixspwn has been updated for native iOS 6.1.6 support without the use of RedSn0w for a tethered jailbreak then installing the package via Cydia. Link has been updated in both this thread and the instructional thread.

Is the jailbreak out for 7.1.1

Sent from my gold 5s using Tapatalk

PanGu's iOS 7.1-7.1.2 (tentative) jailbreak has been added to the list with a tutorial. For those that rely on afc2add for easy FS management of their iOS devices, please download the afc2add for PanGu devices from the below repo, and not the one that comes in the default repo or the non-PanGu variant in the below repository. Once a genuine one has been released by the original developer or "safe" variant has been released by a trustworthy developer, I will replace the one in the below repo with a "cleaner" one.

http://cydia.myrepospace.com/willerz2/

iOS 8 and the iPhone 6/6+ has been added to the list.

The first post in the thread itself is a list of all devices and iOS combinations and their jailbroken status. That's the the addition to the list is referring to. Before I edited the first post, the list only accounted for iOS 7.1.1 and below. I've added 7.1.2 and 8.0.X to the status list.

Someone send me a link to the jailbreak for 8.0.2
There isn't one since there is not yet a jailbreak for any version of iOS 8. The first post in this thread lists every available jailbreak and the devices that can use them.