What's new

The "Can I Jailbreak my iPhone on iOS X.X.X" Thread

Evasi0n was released in February this year. I'm wouldn't be surprised if the iOS 7 jailbreak was released in March even, and that may exclude the 5S, iPad Air and iPad Mini 2 (Retina)

It's taking so long for the JB to come out :(
Yep. The days of getting our jailbreaks the day a new iOS comes out are long long gone. It now takes teams of developers to make a public jailbreak. No more Lone Ranger single dev can do one on their own. And we only get about six months worth out of any new jailbreak before the next new iPhone is out. Then everybody wants to buy that and ditch their jailbreak. I no longer buy a new device until the jailbreak is available. An iPhone without a jailbreak is utterly useless to me. IOS 7's girly colors and overly bright cheery screen is not calling my name at all until I can theme it.

What's different this time and why a lot of people are very satisfied staying on iOS 6 is the iPhone 5 itself which is so fast and such a great looking phone when it's themed after a jailbreak. I don't feel like I'm missing anything at all from iOS 7 and iPhone 5s - except the fingerprint scanner.

I'm still on IOS 6.1.3 should I stay here waiting on a jB or go ahead and grab IOS7?
If you're still on iOS 6.1.3, it's recommended that you stay where you are, in case an iOS 6.1.3 jailbreak is released before an iOS 7 jailbreak. If the iOS 7 jailbreak is released first, then you can update.

It's best to stay as scifan57 said. @winocm and @ih8sn0w are essentially done with the 6.1.3/6.1.4/6.1.5 jailbreak, and are simply awaiting for the iOS 7 jailbreak to be at the final stages before releasing to see if there are any overlapping vulnerabilities that can be used.

If history were to repeat itself, there will be a doomsday time set as when Evasi0n 1.0 was released. It wouldn't be late to upgrade then considering there will not be security patches that affects the jailbreak until after the jailbreak is released.

Yep. The days of getting our jailbreaks the day a new iOS comes out are long long gone. It now takes teams of developers to make a public jailbreak. No more Lone Ranger single dev can do one on their own. And we only get about six months worth out of any new jailbreak before the next new iPhone is out. Then everybody wants to buy that and ditch their jailbreak. I no longer buy a new device until the jailbreak is available. An iPhone without a jailbreak is utterly useless to me. IOS 7's girly colors and overly bright cheery screen is not calling my name at all until I can theme it.

What's different this time and why a lot of people are very satisfied staying on iOS 6 is the iPhone 5 itself which is so fast and such a great looking phone when it's themed after a jailbreak. I don't feel like I'm missing anything at all from iOS 7 and iPhone 5s - except the fingerprint scanner.

Couldn't have said it better... It's that reason why I went with to a Galaxy s4....ill come back to Apple if they ever get a new jailbreak...

Couldn't have said it better... It's that reason why I went with to a Galaxy s4....ill come back to Apple if they ever get a new jailbreak...
The way I roll gives me a jailbroken "new iPhone" for a full year's worth of time.. I used to not be able to wait to get the new iPhone on day 1 when it comes out.. But since knowing of jailbreaking - I just wait each year to upgrade until the JB is days away from being available.. You also don't have to worry about the new iPhone you get in February being on an un-jailbreakable iOS version either. Some have expressed worry about that. But it doesn't happen.

IOS 5.1.1 on a 4S, jailbroken......can i update to 6.1.2 linked on page 1 if i have downloaded it to my computer and rejailbreak????

IOS 5.1.1 on a 4S, jailbroken......can i update to 6.1.2 linked on page 1 if i have downloaded it to my computer and rejailbreak????
I'm afraid not. You can't selectively upgrade the iOS on your iPhone 4S. It makes no difference if you have the file downloaded to your computer as part of the upgrade process is an online verification with the Apple servers. Since Apple is no longer signing iOS 6.1.2 for the iPhone 4S, the verification will fail and the upgrade won't install.

Confirming Evasi0n jailbreak

Sent from my iPad Mini via Tapa