What's new

The "Can I Jailbreak my iPhone on iOS X.X.X" Thread

hello , i wanted to ask if i can upgrade my ips4 to 6.1.2 NOW ? like is it okaii via itunse id i download the ipsw ? apple signing thing alright about it or what ? thank you :) and i have a turbo sim ( the golden chip ) so does it work WITHOUT jailbreak on ios 6.1.3 ?

hello , i wanted to ask if i can upgrade my ips4 to 6.1.2 NOW ? like is it okaii via itunse id i download the ipsw ? apple signing thing alright about it or what ? thank you :) and i have a turbo sim ( the golden chip ) so does it work WITHOUT jailbreak on ios 6.1.3 ?

You cannot selectively upgrade the iPhone 4S, if you upgrade, you'll be on iOS 6.1.3, at least until Wednesday, after which time you will have to upgrade to iOS 7.0. The only iOS that Apple is currently signing is the latest one, iOS 6.1.3.

Last edited:
@winocm with the living breathing proof of an iOS 6.1.3/6.1.4 jailbreak. ETA IS NOT AVAILABLE

Last edited by a moderator:
This is still a "failbreak".. Very, very, very long way from a true public untethered jailbreak. But still at least hopeful.

But if you have a A5 chip and not a A6 will it work still?
Or does the chip have nothing to do with it?
I've been waiting on this for my 4S since im 6.1.3

The failbreak's working on the 4S an the 5. @winocm had it running on 6.1.3/4 for the 5 and Jeff Benjamin from iDB has it running on the 4S

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk

The failbreak's working on the 4S an the 5. @winocm had it running on 6.1.3/4 for the 5 and Jeff Benjamin from iDB has it running on the 4S

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk
Still a "failbreak" is never stable (buggy, as winocm says in his video). And 1-3 exploits are all that's needed for a failbreak. Usually another 4-5 exploits are needed to make a stable public untethered JB. So as I said quite a ways to go yet.

From what I have seen this is not a failbreak, not sure why everyone here is misusing that term. This is a jailbreak in process of being refined.

There are themes that can make your 3GS look like it's running iOS 7. As for actual iOS 7 features being replicated by Cydia, you can get a subpar tweak that emulates parallax. There's a reason that the functionality of iOS 7 or iOS 7 in general was not made available for the 3GS, all because of its hardware restrictions that would not make iOS 7 a viable iOS to run on the now legacy device

Deepend will allow for a parallax effect on your springboard