What's new

That not good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sublime

Reaction score
Is it true about the new 4s I heard that it don't stay charged that good . That's a bummer I have an upgrade coming soon.Maybe I should wait for the 5 to come out

Seems people are having more luck after using them for a couple weeks now. With a little battery "conditioning" and disabling some unwanted or unneeded features... people are seeing some decent battery life outta the 4S. However, there's still talk about futer iOS updates possibly fixing a battery drain problem.

That's good but what I read and heard the 4s is not that much different from the 4

Asthetically it's the same phone as the 4. The only BIG upgrades you're getting w/ the 4S is the faster A5 processor, 8MP camera that takes full 1080p HD video... and of course Siri. Also, the fact that the 4S is a World Phone that supports GSM & CDMA technology. iOS 5 is was really adds a alot of features.

I personally like the 4S but having a iphone 4 I will just wait for next year where we will probably get a better upgrade but is only my 2 cents :D

I'm doing the same thing. I have a 4... and I'm gonna wait for the next generation to come out in '12.

I went from a 3GS to the 4s and wow the speed!!! And my battery life is about the same as the 3GS. And Siri can be more fun than a person should have. It's been amazing just finding out what she is capable of.

Is it true about the new 4s I heard that it don't stay charged that good . That's a bummer I have an upgrade coming soon.Maybe I should wait for the 5 to come out
yes i keep reading that but i can't say I'm having any battery probs,i do the thing where you let the battery completely drain about once a week,i wouldn't worry about it.

yes i keep reading that but i can't say I'm having any battery probs,i do the thing where you let the battery completely drain about once a week,i wouldn't worry about it.

Glad it works for you. But I keep reading these tech mags, Popular Science articles, newspaper advice columns, college computer essays, etc., that lithium ion batteries do NOT need special discharging attention, unlike the NiCad cousin. In fact, some say that it's detrimental to discharge lithium batts too often. What a world!!

SAME here. Same for my co-worker's iPhone 4s and my sister's iPhone 4s. I have not seen any battery problems. I easily keep charge overnight and the battery is lasting forever.

Glad it works for you. But I keep reading these tech mags, Popular Science articles, newspaper advice columns, college computer essays, etc., that lithium ion batteries do NOT need special discharging attention, unlike the NiCad cousin. In fact, some say that it's detrimental to discharge lithium batts too often. What a world!!

Same - it makes me cringe to think of how many people are draining their lithium ion batteries again and again. I can just see battery manufacturer's laughing with glee. Why? Because you do NOT need to do this with Lithium Ion. Ni-MH and Ni-CD? Yes, you did.... Just amazing how misinformed people are. Oh well, destroying your iPhone's battery sooner means you'll be getting a new'er iPhone soon helping Apple make more $ to develop a better iPhone. So have at it!!!

Same - it makes me cringe to think of how many people are draining their lithium ion batteries again and again. I can just see battery manufacturer's laughing with glee. Why? Because you do NOT need to do this with Lithium Ion. Ni-MH and Ni-CD? Yes, you did.... Just amazing how misinformed people are. Oh well, destroying your iPhone's battery sooner means you'll be getting a new'er iPhone soon helping Apple make more $ to develop a better iPhone. So have at it!!!
its seems that it is recommended that you go thro at least one full cycle a month,letting the battery drain and then charging 100%,this will calibrate the battery,as i said i have no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.