What's new

texting issue-send text and it is also sent back to same phone

rdvt4me

Reaction score
My sister-in-law and her partner share the same apple id. When she sends a text to her, it also gets sent back to my sister in law. She sends it and it immediatly shows as an incoming text on the phone it was sent from. Between the 2 of them they each have an iPhone 4 and one iPad2.

Any thoughts on how to fix? This has been going on for quite awhile. I believe it started right after an IOS upgrade.

When I send a message to my iPad from my phone it only keeps the send side of the message on my phone (I don't receive it right back) although if someone outside (not from my phone or pad) sends a message both devices receive it. I'm not sure why it is doing that.

My sister-in-law and her partner share the same apple id. When she sends a text to her, it also gets sent back to my sister in law. She sends it and it immediatly shows as an incoming text on the phone it was sent from. Between the 2 of them they each have an iPhone 4 and one iPad2.

Any thoughts on how to fix? This has been going on for quite awhile. I believe it started right after an IOS upgrade.

In you message settings, make sure you both don't have the same ID chosen.

Settings>Messages>Send and Receive

thanks! I'll check this out next time I see her.