What's new

Text or PDF of my settings

knarfrh60

Reaction score
Is there a smart or easy way to get all my iPhone 4S settings into a file to reference on its own? I know I could do a bunch of screenshots as I move through the pages but I was hoping a PDF or TextEdit file might be possible to export as a reference detailing all of them combined.

thx all

Is there a smart or easy way to get all my iPhone 4S settings into a file to reference on its own? I know I could do a bunch of screenshots as I move through the pages but I was hoping a PDF or TextEdit file might be possible to export as a reference detailing all of them combined.

thx all

It's not possible on a stock device since you won't have access to the plist. You can try iBackupBot and see if the plist comes out as it should, though it most likely comes out all jumbo-ed up. Alternatively, you can backup the device and restore the backup, which will carry over your Settings preferences if that's an option at all.

It's not possible on a stock device since you won't have access to the plist. You can try iBackupBot and see if the plist comes out as it should, though it most likely comes out all jumbo-ed up. Alternatively, you can backup the device and restore the backup, which will carry over your Settings preferences if that's an option at all.

So can't I grab the plist file you are talking about after I sync the device? I'm flexible ...😄

So can't I grab the plist file you are talking about after I sync the device? I'm flexible ...

You technically can, but you'd have to see whether or not it comes out as it should in ASCII rather than jumbo-ed up symbols, which tends to happen on iOS 7 when using quite a few utilities. You can try iBackupBot to create a backup of your old device, extract the plist, make a backup of your new device, insert the plist into the same directory, then restore the backup