What's new

Filer wont show pdf files

reving

Reaction score
Hi guys!
My problem is as the headlines says it, the app Filer, I use it for almost everything and it was the best reading PDF files, documents and other, and also connect it to your Dropbox account and easily see everything there... But now the app shows everything except PDF files making it very annoying. You can open the PDF files, only to see a white page, with nothing on it...
If you know what the problem might be or how to fix it, please do tell me. Thx

PS: I have tried everything I know to fix it, reinstalled it, removed it and installed it again, tried removing other document apps and reinstalling those again (thought that it might had crashed with another app), but nothing have worked so far.

It is most likely a bug in the application that no one can fix. I assume the only fix for this would be for the developer to update it.

Thats not the case because I have tried it with another iPhone and it works fine to view PDFs.
Thx for the trouble though

reving said:
Thats not the case because I have tried it with another iPhone and it works fine to view PDFs.
Thx for the trouble though

Okay, try deleting the app (which I know you have tried)

But after deletion hard reboot. Then install again, and hard reboot again. That ma help...hopefully.

The just because it works fine on one device and not another does not rule out that it may be a bug in the app.

zig9449 said:
Okay, try deleting the app (which I know you have tried)

But after deletion hard reboot. Then install again, and hard reboot again. That ma help...hopefully.

The just because it works fine on one device and not another does not rule out that it may be a bug in the app.

I did that, or I think I did that, by hard reboot you don't means resprint, but shut off the phone and start it again? Right? I did that. It seems to a difficult matter to solve. I feel that I have tried everything. Because PDF files also works fine with iBooks...

reving said:
I did that, or I think I did that, by hard reboot you don't means resprint, but shut off the phone and start it again? Right? I did that. It seems to a difficult matter to solve. I feel that I have tried everything. Because PDF files also works fine with iBooks...

No, respringing is not hard rebooting. Respring is restarting the SpringBoard.

Turning it off then on is not hard rebooting either. That is just "rebooting".

A hard reboot is when you hold both the home and power/sleep buttons simultaneously until you see the Apple logo. That is a hard reboot.

The difference between a "Hard Reboot" and the other types of reboots is the files that get cleaned up and reset to a known starting point.

Bascially a "Hard Reboot" allows the OS to drop every file it uses to run with and start them over. So basically no "mission critical" data is carried over from how you were running before.

Skull One said:
The difference between a "Hard Reboot" and the other types of reboots is the files that get cleaned up and reset to a known starting point.

Bascially a "Hard Reboot" allows the OS to drop every file it uses to run with and start them over. So basically no "mission critical" data is carried over from how you were running before.

So how do I do a hard reboot? Thx for your time :)

As zig9449 said, simply hold the power button and home button down at the same time till the white Apple logo appears. Then release both buttons and the phone will restart normally.

Nope, does not work.
I did this,
1. Removed Filer
2. Hard Reboot
3. Installed Filer
4. Hard Reboot
5. Still not working...
Hmm I forgot to also that my Dropbox also doesn't allow me to see PDF files, I can open them fine on other phones, and computers but on my phone I keep getting the same message, "Unable to view the file, there was an error loading the file "

Seems to be phone and PDFs but how come iBooks works completely fine with pdf files... I certainly have no clue.
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the help.