What's new

Text message (SMS) back up

Ahson

Reaction score
help needed...!!!
can anybody tell me how to make backup of my text messages... i jailbroke my i4 n its kinda messing with my phone so i wanna restore it, but i wanna keep my text messages.... cost free method would be appreciated....!!!
regards....

Ahson said:
help needed...!!!
can anybody tell me how to make backup of my text messages... i jailbroke my i4 n its kinda messing with my phone so i wanna restore it, but i wanna keep my text messages.... cost free method would be appreciated....!!!
regards....
hi

Read this
http://insend.de/index.php?l=en

And you can also go to /var/mobile/library/sms/ and copy sms.db from your phone to desktop and then re-copy it back when you jailbreak the phone again. Use iFile

i dont wanna jailbreak again... thats the point...!! :/

iMarilina said:
hi

Read this
http://insend.de/index.php?l=en

And you can also go to /var/mobile/library/sms/ and copy sms.db from your phone to desktop and then re-copy it back when you jailbreak the phone again. Use iFile

i dont wanna jailbreak again, but thanks anyway... i'll consider it, if i dont find any other solution...!!! :)

Ahson said:
i dont wanna jailbreak again... thats the point...!! :/

See if you could put the sms.db back through iExplorer then.
Or you can look at the first link. There is an iBackup Extractor program for windows, which can pull info from your itunes backup, and I am pretty sure it can do the sms too.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1A543a Safari/419.3)

Supposedly iTunes does keep a backup of even the threaded SMS conversations.

/Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/[really long hex string]. One of the mdbackup files has the SMS conversations in it.

iMarilina said:
See if you could put the sms.db back through iExplorer then.
Or you can look at the first link. There is an iBackup Extractor program for windows, which can pull info from your itunes backup, and I am pretty sure it can do the sms too.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1A543a Safari/419.3)

Supposedly iTunes does keep a backup of even the threaded SMS conversations.

/Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/[really long hex string]. One of the mdbackup files has the SMS conversations in it.

thanks sweetness.... (^_^)
one more thing, iExplorer by "Zhigang Chen" for $4.99...??!

Well i am unaware of any app for Iphone that provides free SMS backup. But if you are interested in finding an app allowing you to send free online SMS. Then what are you waiting for, visit the website of Cherple today and use this free online applications for Windows, MAC, Android and Apple users.

Well, another nice tool Ashon that will be helpful to back-up your messages and get visualized info of your actual iPhone texting behavior
AllYourTexts