What's new

Text/iMessages alert tone not working..

mkelle98

Reaction score
Since the iOS 6 upgrade, I'm not getting my alert tones for my text/iMessages.. Is anyone else having this issue?

I may get the tone once out of every 15 text.. I was waiting on a response from someone, they responded 5 minutes after I sent the text but I was never alerted that it was delivered.. Hopefully this issue is fixed soon.. I can't be missing text/iMessages..

I haven't noticed. Mine is almost always on silent anyways. I just check it constantly.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Since the iOS 6 upgrade, I'm not getting my alert tones for my text/iMessages.. Is anyone else having this issue?

I may get the tone once out of every 15 text.. I was waiting on a response from someone, they responded 5 minutes after I sent the text but I was never alerted that it was delivered.. Hopefully this issue is fixed soon.. I can't be missing text/iMessages..

i have same problem too!!!...i am disappointed!

I found the problem. At least on my phone. You have to go into the new " do not disturb" feature and make sure your text tones are all appropriate.

I think I have this issues figured out.. If you turn the notification center off you'll get your alert tone..
Go to Settings, Notifications, Messages and turn off the Notification Center... Then you should start getting your alert tones..
Please try this out and let me know if it works for you..

The message alert for my iphone disappeared at first after I updated to iOS 6, but after an hour or so, everything is working fine again. =) Might have just been an initial shock to the system? =)

the message alert for my iphone disappeared at first after i updated to ios 6, but after an hour or so, everything is working fine again. =) might have just been an initial shock to the system? =)

and just like that disappeared again :(

Mine is not working either since I installed the ios 6 update. If I lock my phone on an actual text message or on the screen that list all my contacts with their text messages, I get no alert or vibration to let me know a text is coming in. If I lock my phone on the home screen, then I can get alerts.

I am having the same problem. When I first updated to iOS 6 with iTunes (iPhone 4s-Sprint) I lost all the notification sounds, keyboard clicks, email notifications ect. Yet when I would receive a phone call the ringtone would still work, and also my alarm sound. After about 10-15 minutes they came back. Worked all day long until I fully charged my phone that night and I lost them again for about 30 minutes. I decided torestore the phone in iTunes. Did it twice. First time I backed up my data, second time I set up as a new iPhone. Lost sounds both times for about 45 minutes. I called apple, they know nothing about this being an issue. While I was on the phone with them my sounds came back. Last night, lost them again for about 20 minutes, and again this morning. They always come back...but still. I am a person who texts/facebooks often and it's fairly annoying that I keep losing my sounds, and the phone only vibrates. I've reset the phone completely, turned on off, and exhausted all options. I suggest more people call Apple to let them know this is an issue, because if they aren't aware they can't "fix" it.

I have the same issue. Whats my best path to solve. I really need this to work. In fact, it's killing me enough to want to dump the phone.

Thanks

I noticed this problem last night.

If my phone is unlocked I get imessage alerts. If it's locked with the display off I will not.

Except: if I kill the iMessage app, no not restart it and lock the phone, I will get alerts. Only if the app is UP and the phone locked will I not get them.

Strange.

I wonder if this is "Do Not Disturb" code run amok. I do not have that turned on though.

I talked with Apple today and it was suggested that I restore my phone as a new device.. All message tones are working no issues to report.. iOS 6 complete.
When I plugged in my iPhone all of my Apps were restored, I had an App called My Contacts Backup installed and it copied all of my contacts and i emailed it to myself..
Once my phone was done i opened the email and it downloaded all of my contacts to my phone

I restored my phone and it did not help. I restored both ways: from backup and as a new device.

I talked with Apple today and it was suggested that I restore my phone as a new device.. All message tones are working no issues to report.. iOS 6 complete.
When I plugged in my iPhone all of my Apps were restored, I had an App called My Contacts Backup installed and it copied all of my contacts and i emailed it to myself..
Once my phone was done i opened the email and it downloaded all of my contacts to my phone