What's new

Old problem surfaces again - text alert not sounding IOS 7 - FIX

nanoflex

Reaction score
There is a widely reported issue of text alerts not making a sound.

Research did not yield a definitive answer.
I noticed the following, after the fault: settings/sounds/text tone: the tone I had selected "glass" was suddenly not showing,
it had been replaced by "classic" which is the name of the general folder, within which the actual tone is located.
"classic" is not a tone, but a category.... THAT should identify a problem.
It has nothing to do with do not disturb settings, contrary to widely-held opinion.

FIX:
Yes, a full reset to factory settings...inconvenient though it may be.

There is a widely reported issue of text alerts not making a sound. Research did not yield a definitive answer. I noticed the following, after the fault: settings/sounds/text tone: the tone I had selected "glass" was suddenly not showing, it had been replaced by "classic" which is the name of the general folder, within which the actual tone is located. "classic" is not a tone, but a category.... THAT should identify a problem. It has nothing to do with do not disturb settings, contrary to widely-held opinion. FIX: Yes, a full reset to factory settings...inconvenient though it may be.
I have text alerts using those in the new list as well as the "classic" list, and have no problems.