What's new

Text auto-correction

Michael Graubart

Reaction score
iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2.1

I have auto-correction turned on in Settings. I used to like the three options (my misspelt one in quotation marks and two suggestions) in small fields above where I was typing. Suddenly something seems to have spontaneously changed and if I misspell a word, a single suggestion appears just above my typed text, just as it does in OS X 10.8.5 on my Mac. Can anyone throw any light on this change?

I have now updated to iOS 9.3.1 and the situation remains in this new, changed state. The change occurred while I was still on 9.2.1.

There was a second, identical thread by you, with the same topic. I guess you created it without noticing that you posted twice, so I removed it. Receiving replies to, and discussing the same issue in two threads at the same time would be confusing, it's better to keep the discussion to one thread only.

Do you have this problem in every app, or just one or a few of them? Do you use the "Predictive" feature for your keyboard?

It sounds like you like predictive text. It's not the same as autocorrect. Go to Settings > General >Keyboard > Toggle predictive keyboard on.

There was a second, identical thread by you, with the same topic. I guess you created it without noticing that you posted twice, so I removed it. Receiving replies to, and discussing the same issue in two threads at the same time would be confusing, it's better to keep the discussion to one thread only.

Do you have this problem in every app, or just one or a few of them? Do you use the "Predictive" feature for your keyboard?

I apologise for the duplication. It must have happened when , having posted, I clicked 'Edit' to change a few words and clicked 'Post' instead of 'Save'.

The problem is there in Mail and in Word. I haven't tried any others. As for 'Predictive', I am afraid I do not know about this at all.