What's new

Tetherme question

What's wrong with wywi because I just downloaded it

All up in ya using Tapatalk 2

Well other than the fact that it is 4x the price of TetherMe, it is detectable by carriers because the bandwidth has the MyWi app signature attached to it. TetherMe just enables the native tethering feature(no special app) and the data is masked so that it appears as though it's coming from your phone and not from a computer that your phone is tethered to.

Well other than the fact that it is 4x the price of TetherMe, it is detectable by carriers because the bandwidth has the MyWi app signature attached to it. TetherMe just enables the native tethering feature(no special app) and the data is masked so that it appears as though it's coming from your phone and not from a computer that your phone is tethered to.

So if I use mywi alot my carrier is going to know thy I'm stealing ?

Well technically you're not stealing. The data you use to tether with is data you are already paying for regardless of if you have the tethering package or not. But yes, if you use MyWi, your carrier will know and they will likely start charging you for tethering if they catch you and/or downgrade your unlimited data package if you have one.

Well technically you're not stealing. The data you use to tether with is data you are already paying for regardless of if you have the tethering package or not. But yes, if you use MyWi, your carrier will know and they will likely start charging you for tethering if they catch you and/or downgrade your unlimited data package if you have one.

Well I have sprint if that matters ill just won't use it often

Am I doing something wrong? When I turn on hotspot I get option for either share hot spot over Bluetooth or USB. No wifi hotspot. What am I doing wrong?

Iphone 5 6.1

Does your menu look like this? If your Bluetooth is already on when you activate the hotspot, you won't even get this message.
6e7ubu5a.jpg

Yes. I must be doing something wrong. I just want to activate wifi hotspot only and when I click wifi button after turning personal hotspot on my wifi gets activated here at house. Do I need to turn off wifi here at house when turning on wifi hotspot?

Tethering has nothing to do with Wi-Fi on the device itself, Wi-Fi should not even be turned on. Just turn on the personal hotspot and if you enable Wi-Fi at the prompt you will see your device in your wireless networks on your computer.