What's new

tethered ios 5.0.1 wont boot

eew_bib

Reaction score
Hi all i have jailbroke my iphone 4 and it worked fine but then i lost my signal completely and tried to restart the phone but when i tried to tether boot it gets stuck on the apple logo then goes to the wheel then the apple signal again whats going on? i used ipsw 5.0.0 and selected it manually before using just boot on red sn0w 0.9.9b8

I had the same problem and im pretty sure i did follow the tutorial step by step. When I try to boot tethered it shows the pinapple for a few seconds and then it shows the apple logo which goes into a loop with the wheel.

in ur signature it says you got 5.0.1 jb... did u get it working gweezy?

Sounds like you installed a bad app. What did you install before rebooting...

ill try to jb and boot tethered now with a clean restore of my ios 5.0.1

Sounds like you installed a bad app. What did you install before rebooting...

nope... :< tried to boot tether after jbking clean restored ios 5.01 and still cant boot tethered

Last edited:
You guys are aware that you need to specify 5.0 IPSW again when you tethered boot right? I have jailbroken multiple devices on 5.0.1 and have never experienced a problem.

No not working yet. I out the sig on when I thought I had at. Going to scratch that off.

Got it working with sn0wbreeze... check it out...

Jmills87, yes everything was right... something is wrong with redsn0w

If you have problems tether booting what works for me is instead of turning phone off before DFU mode just go straight to DFU mode and that helped me.

Got it working with sn0wbreeze... check it out...

Jmills87, yes everything was right... something is wrong with redsn0w

Nice! My phone has been in a loading and re-booting for 2 days. I think I'm gonna chill with the upgrades for now. I was able to downgrade to 4.3.2. So I might go back to that after I "try" one more time lol. I just can't help it. Let me know what you did because I kept getting stuck in Sn0wbreeze as well.