What's new

Tether problems

iZach

Reaction score
I recently purchased an iPhone 5 for Verizon and tonight when I went to check my cellular usage I see that I have apparently used a few megabytes of tether data. I don't understand how, as I do not have hot spot set up and nobody has access to my phone. I'm afraid of the charges to come.

Can anybody please explain what's going on here? Thank you very much for your time.

You'll have to call up your carrier to inquire the specifics.

I'll have to give them a call soon then. Thank you for the reply.

I'm not sure what you mean by Tether data but I have same inquiries about this "problem". Generally, at night, the phone sends data to Apple. I've googled here and there, no biggie if you're on cellular data but when you're on wifi, data incurred can be found in the hundreds of MB.

I'm not sure what you mean by Tether data but I have same inquiries about this "problem". Generally, at night, the phone sends data to Apple. I've googled here and there, no biggie if you're on cellular data but when you're on wifi, data incurred can be found in the hundreds of MB.

You can turn that off in Settings > About > Diagnostics & Usage

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

I have an update- I just got iCloud yesterday and i turned off the cloud for most all of my apps after seeing the usage under tether and since I turned off cloud for those apps the tether data information isn't even on the screen under cellular usage anymore so I'm assuming it was within that sharing that it used some data I intended not to. I don't know if that helps anyone but it has seemingly solved my issues.