What's new

Test your cell signal reception quality on your iPhone4

I think I'll pass on this one
I'd rather keep my bars than replace em with some numbers :p

I think I'll pass on this one
I'd rather keep my bars than replace em with some numbers :p

LOL. No you keep your bars, when you hit the home button it goes back to your bars.

In the field test mode, you can toggle back and forth from bars to numbers by touching it. But when your done, press your home button and it's back to bars.

Very cool...mine came up -99...not so great...lol

Yeah, mine was at -94 in my house. So I guess we fall in the average category. Did you try doing it twice? Without the "Death Grip" and with the "Death Grip?"

Very cool...mine came up -99...not so great...lol

Yeah, mine was at -94 in my house. So I guess we fall in the average category. Did you try doing it twice? Without the "Death Grip" and with the "Death Grip?"

I tried it both ways...-99 with, -98 without...not much difference. Sigh.

Well, it seems like you don't suffer from the "Death Grip" issue then. So that's pretty good news then, right ;)

Mine read -79 to -84. Varies, not sure why. Cant be arsed to test the death grip though as I have the bumper on. But I have not had any reception problems or phone cutting off. To be honest, if there wasnt all the media "antihype" over this issue, I would have never known there was an issue.

It is a great phone and I love it for how it just works without crashes etc.

I tried it both ways...-99 with, -98 without...not much difference. Sigh.

Well, it seems like you don't suffer from the "Death Grip" issue then. So that's pretty good news then, right ;)

True...and I use a Griffin Reveal case...so that helps too. :)

-80 here at school lol

Sweet. I wonder if anyone has below the -80 range?

I get -71 in my living room. But I do live in Central London on the 8th floor right next to a tall shopping complex with the masts for mobile phones right on the roof of the building so that is why I can get a good signal.

OK, I held my phone outside my window (as far as my arms can reach out) and got -70. Cant get any better than that. This also causes all the bars to appear.

By the way, my phone is insured (for free from my bank) hence why I took the chance of holding it outside my window. But I did hold it very carefully LOL.

-86 in my living room in West London about 800 meters from a cell tower. That was with both strips "shorted" as well!
:)

Sweet. I wonder if anyone has below the -80 range?

I get -71 in my living room. But I do live in Central London on the 8th floor right next to a tall shopping complex with the masts for mobile phones right on the roof of the building so that is why I can get a good signal.

OK, I held my phone outside my window (as far as my arms can reach out) and got -70. Cant get any better than that. This also causes all the bars to appear.

By the way, my phone is insured (for free from my bank) hence why I took the chance of holding it outside my window. But I did hold it very carefully LOL.

nice I was about to saw you are crazy fro holding your iPhone out there like that until i read the rest lol