What's new

Terrible lagging on my iPhone 4S

steph3824

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am a newbie to this forum :) Within the last two months or so my iPhone has been really lagging when it comes to the notifications/banners for texts and emails. For example, my phone will vibrate to indicate I've received an email but then it will take 30 seconds or more for it to light up and show me the preview of the email; sometimes it just never shows up at all. Same thing with text messages, I'll receive a text but most of the time the pop-up that shows me who the text is from and the option to close or view it NEVER shows up; if it does show up it comes so late that I've already read the text, replied to the text, set my phone down for a while...you get the picture. A weird thing is that when I get an email it seems like it will always at least vibrate, but when I get a text it won't even do that much. Sometimes my texts go unread for hours because my phone gave me no indicator that I had received anything. Anyways to sum up I do receive texts and emails right when they are sent, but it's the notifications themselves that come super late or not at all. I have about 7 pages of apps, I do not think that is particularly a lot but maybe it is and that's what's slowing my phone down?? I appreciate any help!

Probably caching issues. It might be from lack of space but generally that's not a contributing problem from experience. Try backing up and restoring your device. That should fix the problem

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk

Even I get notifications after 7-8 seconds of vibration.

iPhone 4S

Tried the restore last month.

Posted from my iPhone via Tapa ! 📲