What's new

System Services Using all my data

mnlooney22

Reaction score
All of a sudden I keep going over my data and I checked to see what's using data and System Services has used 1 GB of data and I'm only halfway through my billing cycle! Documents & Sync is responsible for most of the data use, what is this and how do I stop it from draining all my data?!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
All of a sudden I keep going over my data and I checked to see what's using data and System Services has used 1 GB of data and I'm only halfway through my billing cycle! Documents & Sync is responsible for most of the data use, what is this and how do I stop it from draining all my data?!
Have you tried going to Settings>Cellular, scroll to the bottom of the page and turn off iCloud Drive to stop the use of cellular data for transferring documents and data.

OP
M

mnlooney22

Reaction score
That's one of my problems, I don't see an option for iCloud anywhere. There is no iCloud Drive option under Settings>Cellular? When I click Settings, under my name/account info is the only place I can find iCloud info and iCloud Drive is turned off there.

OP
M

mnlooney22

Reaction score
IMG_5016.PNG
Here's a screen shot (if im doing it right).

bear7962

Reaction score
Try this for info: Settings->General->Storage & Icloud Usage->iCloud->manage Storage. Then scroll down to Documents & Data. To delete click on the Edit button (upper right) and delete all. Unless you find it's something you feel you need to save. It may also give you a clue about what app is doing it and you can change permissions in that app.

OP
M

mnlooney22

Reaction score
IMG_5048.PNG
Try this for info: Settings->General->Storage & Icloud Usage->iCloud->manage Storage. Then scroll down to Documents & Data. To delete click on the Edit button (upper right) and delete all. Unless you find it's something you feel you need to save. It may also give you a clue about what app is doing it and you can change permissions in that app.
There is no documents and data. When I go there and to manage storage I see this....
I can't find a documents and data option anywhere

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Underneath iCloud Photo Library there should be several more headings, including Documents & Data.
IMG_3697.PNG

OP
M

mnlooney22

Reaction score
It's not there though? What's on the screenshot is all that shows up. So frustrating. I'm not able to locate a documents and data option anywhere on my phone that I can delete or modify in any way.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've checked it out on iOS versions all the way back to iOS 7 and it's there. Did your problem start after an iOS update? If so, the update may have been corrupted somehow.

Most reactions

Latest posts