What's new

my data is being eaten up!

BigDan1

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4s, not any kind of LTE connection. Using iOS 6.
Last month I managed to go over my data after 2 or 3 weeks, which rarely happens, since I have TWO GIGS. I had no idea why. I reset my data stats this week in case it happens again, and I noticed after a mere 8 days I had used up 1.4 GBs. WTF!!
When I goto Cell Data Usage I don’t see anything too big. Youtube is the biggest at 26 MB. Almost everything else is under 5 MB. But then I saw a section for System Services (a separate dropdown) and under that Documents & Sync is taking up a whopping 660 MB!! Can anyone tell me wtf this is and how to stop it from eating up my entire monthly data? I have my backup assigned to only when on wifi so that shouldn’t be the issue.

The other thread you started on the same topic has been deleted. Besides fragmenting the conversation and making it hard to follow, duplicate posts and threads are against our rules.

Please keep any discussion of your problem to this thread.

In iOS 6, you should find "Documents & Data" in Settings - iCloud. It should be possible to turn these off.

Part of documents and data is app cache. It varies from day to day. TapaTalk will grow to over 1 gb. I constantly have to delete the cache. Some app cache is good.

Facebook is one of the worst apps for using large amounts of data while running in the background. If you use Facebook, it's one of the few apps that you should force close whenever you're not actually using it.